This forum has been set to "read only". This is a forum that offers support, information, a place to cry or a place to share success. We are not medical professionals and are not responsible for the accuracy or opinions expressed in this forum. Use the information gleaned here at your discretion and risk. It is always best and wisest to consult a medical professional before any course of action is taken. Good luck, and all the best!!

I *think* it is against the law

August 16 2012 at 1:27 PM
Mrs. A  (no login)

Response to Yikes..insurance question.

I believe that the insurance regs/law in NY stipulate that if you are admitted into a hospital - ANY hospital - via an ER visit that your insurance must provide coverage as it would normally do otherwise. I know that is the case here in NJ but am almost certain it is in NY as well based on a friend's experience with her child's care.

You can and should appeal. Just give a call right now as first line of action and try to get more information. Find out the appeal process and start that. Also, don't hesitate to file a complaint with NY State Department of Banking and Insurance (the agency would have a name to that effect) which oversees insurance companies. And keep the hospital in the loop (document it the conversation) and don't pay a penny until you have final resolution on the matter.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thank you Mrs A - Teresa on Aug 16, 2012, 2:03 PM