Questions about AmnioAugust 22 2012 at 10:18 PM
|Liz Portland OR (no login)|
Still waiting my results of my MaterniT21 test but debating to do an Amnio regardless due to my age 42. Unfortunately I am in a HMO and can't shop around for different Drs in different networks I can only look at the handful of Drs in Kaiser/ OR that do Amnios.
So how do you find out their MC rates..?. I asked the general advice nurse for Kasier and she had no idea...
Do you call each office and ask them to call you back with their miscarriage rates?
Also have you heard the theory that the average 1 in 500 miscarriage rate for the procedure - usually due to the fact that these pregnancies warrant an Amnio that they would have prob had a mc regardless....?
Thoughts & thanks,
- I used to have Kaiser - Laura on Aug 22, 10:51 PM
- amnio miscarriage rate is outdated - mel on Aug 23, 11:23 AM
- here is current findings - jkl on Aug 23, 12:23 PM
- Re: Questions about Amnio - Kim on Aug 23, 9:40 PM
- Geeze what happened to your friend? - liz Portland OR on Aug 23, 9:57 PM
- Amnios - Kathy on Aug 23, 11:49 PM
- personal experiences vs known risks - jkl on Aug 24, 10:58 AM
- Also - jkl on Aug 24, 11:12 AM
- Thanks all for the input... - Liz Portland OR on Aug 24, 12:05 PM
- such hard questions - BroodyHen on Aug 25, 1:08 AM
- yes, hard and personal - jkl on Aug 25, 10:12 AM
- what about false positives? - BroodyHen on Aug 25, 11:34 AM
- Thanks and false positives - jkl on Aug 25, 2:07 PM
- thanks - BroodyHen on Aug 28, 12:53 AM