Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • 6 weeks and traveling out of country!
    • Maya (no login)
      Posted Feb 14, 2011 11:56 AM

Hello I am new to the board and hope to be a member. I have a few questions I hope can be answered...
      33 yo, 0ne failed IVF (no reason) and One IUI.

I am about 7 weeks pregnant from LMP, newly pregnant from IUI with 2 wk P4=5.8 but now 25, and initial HCG of 46, now 24,000. I am on Estrace, crinone BID by my fertility doctor. My OB just added Prometrium vaginal insertion at Bed time and for the past 2 weeks have been using every other day IM progesterone( per friends' advice)
      My OB and Fertility doctors are convinced that I am a perfectly normal pregnancy with nothing to worry about. Last week I had a 2000 drop in my HCG from one day to the next but rose by 6,000 after 3 days.
      I feel fine, a little early satiety and decreased appetite but great otherwise.

1. I am travelling out of the country this week to Asia for 3 weeks: any thoughts? ( both physicians say it is safe for me to travel)
      I was in Asia last year for 2 weeks. I was impressed. Mostly easily accessible anything you want- just have the money.
      2. Although my progesterone is rising should I worry as I am simply using the IM injections unbeknownst to both my physicians.
      3. My Fertility doc was out of country during my IUI, which he kept discouraging me from doing, I have not spoken to him and he has not bothered to call me either, I simply deal with the center - the nursing. I paid for 2 cycles out of pocket, so still have one more cycle with them.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)