Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Huge exhale; NT results are in!
    • Meg (Login NateDog03)
      Posted May 24, 2011 12:12 PM

And they look great! Genetic counselor said they were like the results of a 20-year old and that I couldn't ask for better. (She said that last time, and I know I've seen better on these boards, but I'll take them, LOL!)

Had the scan on Friday at BIDMC and it was so much better than my last NT there. A perinatologist did it this time instead of a radiology tech. She was wonderful. Knew I was nervous so looked at the nuchal fold immediately (baby was VERY cooperative) and said "Looks great, enjoy the rest of the show!" She explained everything as she was looking at it: heart, liver, bladder, everything. Showed me fingers and toes, how the baby was covering his/her face with his/her hand (which was very cute). She kept saying how cooperative and beautiful my baby was, which was so nice. I was measuring three days ahead at 12 weeks.

She took three measurements that came back at 1.1, 1.4, and 1.3, so she had to go with the largest. Everything else looked great, she even did a 3D u/s and gave me pics! SOOOO cool! Although, DH said those pics were "spooky" and that the baby looked like a "little rat." Nice. At one point I thought I saw a penis, so I asked, but she said "waaaay too early." In retrospect, I think I just saw the umbilical cord; it was awfully big. We'll see... happy.gif

So, after the b/w my risks are as follows:

DS: before screen = 1:63; after screen = 1:1,241
      T13/18: before scan = 1:109; after screen = 1:2,161

Also, I just started Zofran. Man, have I been sick. I haven't been able to keep any liquids down, so getting very dehydrated and just puking all day and night. So, I bit the bullet and took a pill the other night--just one. Can't believe how much better I feel. I'm trying to keep it to one a day or less, because meds scare me during PG. But, I have to function and stay hydrated, right? Only thing, man, it causes constipation! (Sorry for the TMI.)

Not sure if we'll share the news with everyone just yet. Maybe selectively...

Take care, everyone!
      Meg
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)