Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • go ahead and buy stuff :) (chil ment)
    • juliemam (Login juliemam)
      Posted Oct 22, 2011 3:27 PM

it's really fun to buy stuff yourself for your bean happy.gif

especially when it's on sale. happy.gif I used to buy for the following year is things were cute or special. I have kept a lot of these clothing, they often symbolized that age/stage and brings me back if I happen to see one. I have friends who make quilts with their treasured baby clothings or receiving blankets, I may do that one day but I am having trouble with the thought of cutting them up. happy.gif

My one piece of advice is be sure to buy for 6mos and 12mos too. and heck, you can always wait because you'll "need" an excuse to go out with your wee bean and going to the mall is one way to distract you and your bean. And if this mall happens to have a lot of seniors, it's almost like a civic duty to show off your bean to them. wink.gif

Another piece of advice: not knowing how long or big your little will be, try to choose foot-less pjs if they exist. I think it's tricky to find those for NB size but my little guy was rather long and I had to either ditch the outfit or cut the toes off to have him in it longer than a week. That's when I went for two pieces. Besides, once the drooling starts, you'll be changing the shirt often unless you remembered to put a bib on.

My babies (I had two) tend to be big, my #1 weighed 9lb 5oz at 41wks gest and my #2 weighed 8lb 13oz at 30wks gest. I never thought to ask my mother how much her babies weighed because she had two sets of twins BUT I had forgotten that my middle brother was a singleton (my IQ plummeted when I was pg LOL) and he was 9lbs so I should have been prepared for big. I was 5lbs, my twin was 7lbs.
      (how did I turn this into me-me-me?? lol)

I remember feeling distressed when my DS was a NB because his clothing was too loose, even at NB size. Then a week passed and boom, he fit in all of them. Then another week passed and boom, he was out of them. But I still remember feeling sad that nothing fit him just right. --I was a rather emotional new mom, for a solid 3mos. happy.gif

so, yeah, go nuts, have fun and as long as you don't regret spending it'll be fine. I am sure there are guide lines for how many of each item. But this would depend on if baby spits up a lot, has large poops that get out the diaper (up the back is especially "fun"). Some weeks/moths saw more laundry that others.

remind me when your baby will be born?

oh and you know that you can keep the receipts and return the stuff if by some chance you get it at your shower. I doubt it but you never know. Plus many people give gift receipts now.

happy.gif
      jm
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)