Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • 9 wk is still really soon.
    • Laura (no login)
      Posted Apr 16, 2012 10:15 AM

Hi Newbie,

The hormone stuff makes us totally anxious, I know. It can take your body up to a year to get regular AF back, and if you are BF, it could take up to a year after you wean. For me, I had very very low e2 after DS weaned, and I was on BCP (worst idea ever, and I'm so pissed at my OB for telling me it was ok to do both at once), so even while I was on BCP I started having night sweats. I was having "regular cycles" from the BCP so my OB didn't care. It's like my body was trying to start a cycle, but the BCP was confusing it. I didn't get a cycle back until 3 months after stopping BCP, which was about 3 months after I weaned. I didn't get any sort of regularity until 3 months after that. So, it's a long process sometimes. Your symptoms don't mean you're in menopause, they mean your e2 is low. Maybe go back to your RE and ask for u/s and e2 supplement.

I didn't have high FSH before DS, but was diagnosed during the time of no AF.

Take care!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)