Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • 9 wk is still really soon.
    • Laura (no login)
      Posted Apr 16, 2012 10:15 AM

Hi Newbie,

The hormone stuff makes us totally anxious, I know. It can take your body up to a year to get regular AF back, and if you are BF, it could take up to a year after you wean. For me, I had very very low e2 after DS weaned, and I was on BCP (worst idea ever, and I'm so pissed at my OB for telling me it was ok to do both at once), so even while I was on BCP I started having night sweats. I was having "regular cycles" from the BCP so my OB didn't care. It's like my body was trying to start a cycle, but the BCP was confusing it. I didn't get a cycle back until 3 months after stopping BCP, which was about 3 months after I weaned. I didn't get any sort of regularity until 3 months after that. So, it's a long process sometimes. Your symptoms don't mean you're in menopause, they mean your e2 is low. Maybe go back to your RE and ask for u/s and e2 supplement.

I didn't have high FSH before DS, but was diagnosed during the time of no AF.

Take care!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address