You all probably already know this one, though I did not, but I'll post it anyway. My mother sent it on and I do think it's a good reminder... out of the 20 she sends me which can be a bit much! But yeah, she loves me and the 'kid-to-be'!
CMV, (cytomegalovirus), can lead to very serious birth defects. Here is some info on it but the full article link is below and very interesting. Well worth a read!
HUGS to all,
"Few women have heard of congenital CMV (cytomegalovirus) and more than half of OB/GYNs surveyed admitted they don't warn their patients about it.The CDC makes the following recommendations on simple steps you can take to avoid exposure to saliva and urine that might contain CMV:
1. Wash your hands often with soap and water for 15-20 seconds, especially after
feeding a young child
wiping a young childs nose or drool
handling childrens toys
2. Do not share food, drinks, or eating utensils used by young children
3. Do not put a childs pacifier in your mouth
4. Do not share a toothbrush with a young child
5. Avoid contact with saliva when kissing a child
6. Clean toys, countertops, and other surfaces that come into contact with childrens urine or saliva
Saunders (the author) said, "Until OB/GYNs make CMV prevention a standard practice of care, I'm trying to "shout it from the rooftops""