Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Good reminder from my mother...
    • Sara H (no login)
      Posted Apr 18, 2012 9:42 AM

You all probably already know this one, though I did not, but I'll post it anyway. My mother sent it on and I do think it's a good reminder... out of the 20 she sends me which can be a bit much! But yeah, she loves me and the 'kid-to-be'! happy.gif

CMV, (cytomegalovirus), can lead to very serious birth defects. Here is some info on it but the full article link is below and very interesting. Well worth a read!
      HUGS to all,
      Sara H

"Few women have heard of congenital CMV (cytomegalovirus) and more than half of OB/GYNs surveyed admitted they don't warn their patients about it.The CDC makes the following recommendations on simple steps you can take to avoid exposure to saliva and urine that might contain CMV:

1. Wash your hands often with soap and water for 15-20 seconds, especially after

changing diapers
      feeding a young child
      wiping a young childs nose or drool
      handling childrens toys

2. Do not share food, drinks, or eating utensils used by young children

3. Do not put a childs pacifier in your mouth

4. Do not share a toothbrush with a young child

5. Avoid contact with saliva when kissing a child

6. Clean toys, countertops, and other surfaces that come into contact with childrens urine or saliva

Saunders (the author) said, "Until OB/GYNs make CMV prevention a standard practice of care, I'm trying to "shout it from the rooftops""
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)