Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • ...and I failed my 3 hour gestational diabetes test
    • Sara H (no login)
      Posted Jun 12, 2012 5:54 PM

So, my Dr. finally called and I pass at my blood fasting test, was iffy again at one hour, clearly failed my 3 hour and passed my 3 hour... so all together it's a fail, I have gestational diabetes gestational diabetes.

GGGGRRRRRAAAAGGGGG!

Seriously? I don't know how bad that make it when you added it with my 2 vessel umbilical cord issue but I will find out Thursday when I meet with the nurses, a GD adviser and the sono tech, then my OB. Fun day.

Daily testing, new diet and all that. Joy.

I will of course do whatever I need to for the baby and me but I just don't know with the new diet how I am going to get the calories I need, since I already don't eat most of what is on there and have only gained 12 pounds at 29 weeks.

So, more info on Thursday about the details but I'd love to hear from anyone who has been though this and managed it before? Any thoughts or advice? (Like- I am hoping for a arm meter instead of a finger one, is that possible?)

Not so happy today,
      Sara H
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)