Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Back with a progesterone question
    • Gym girl (no login)
      Posted Aug 7, 2012 11:30 AM

Hi everyone,
      I'm now 9w4d according to my LMP (though I got an OPK surge on CD18, so I know I ovulated late). Although this is a natural pg, my RE monitored me by doing an u/s at 6 weeks and 8 weeks and all looks good. I have an OB appt on Monday.

My progesterone was only tested with my first beta and it was an 8. I went on Crinone twice a day for a few weeks and then reduced to 1 a day a few weeks ago. RE last week said if I continue it, it's just to make myself feel better (sounds rude, but he didn't mean it with that tone) and he felt that at this stage, it was no longer necessary, especially with a natural pregnancy.

So I used Crinone till it ran out yesterday... and now I'm nervous. Of course.

Those of you who had natural pregnancies: how long did you use progesterone? Does now seem like a reasonable time to stop? When I was pregnant with DD (IVF), I used PIO till 10 weeks, so very similar. P4 was only tested with first beta then, too.

Thanks!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address