I keep going back and forth on this so I could really use your thoughts... As I mentioned below, I am considering changing OB practices b/c they recently increased the call that is being taken by another practice that I'm not entirely comfortable with. Before I chose my practice, I was considering another one and now I'm re-considering them, but it's pretty convoluted... This other practice is divided into a midwifery practice and an OB one, although they meet together and the midwives can defer to the OBs if need be. When I first became pg I had an appt with an OB in the practice and then went to a "meet the midwives" night and spoke to many of the midwives. Long story short, the OB was AWFUL- her eyes glazed over when she started hearing my medical history (which admittedly is fairly gruesome, but still...) and she completely stopped listening to me. She stating things back to me about my current medical state that weren't at all true and I kept correcting her, and she kept making the same mistakes. I mentioned that I would like to consider going with the midwifery practice instead, and she said she thought that would probably be fine. I left thinking there was no chance in he!! I would use her, but I would consider the midwifery practice.
I then went to this "meet the midwives" night and pulled a couple more senior midwives aside and explained my history. They were great and seemed comfortable with my history and have a very low c-section rate which is of utmost importance to me. Then the next day, out of the blue I get a call from the OB. She said that she had taken it upon herself to discuss my case with all of the OBs and midwives, and the midwives are not comfortable taking care of me. I found this really confusing, told her so and she made up weird excuses. I didn't feel right about it and had been really excited about the midwifery practice, so I called one of the midwives to see what was going on. She told me that the OB had presented a very scary medical history of me and the midwives were no longer comfortable w/ me. She confided that she thought this was wrong and said I could meet with herself and the OB director if I wanted, but I decided to go with my current practice instead.
Fast forward to now, I decided to call the midwife back. In my mind I thought they would hear that I'm in my 2nd trimester and doing well and say they would take me. Instead, she said I could now meet with her and the OB director to "prove my case" and she made an appt for tomorrow, but said I had to call today to make sure they were willing to keep the appt. Obviously, I don't feel very welcome. But they were great at that "meet the midwives" night and from what I've heard they are really supportive during childbirth and the low c-section rate is important to me. I'm not sure if the appt is more stress than it's worth, and I do have another option for a practice. If you've been able to read this whole thing (!) do you have any advice? Keep the appt or cancel? Thanks so much!