<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Who's up next?

September 30 2011 at 10:20 AM
Meg  (Login NateDog03)

Just wondering if there's anyone due soon? Can't keep track.

Hope everyone's doing well. Personally, I'm almost at 31 weeks (Monday), which is mind boggling to me. I've actually scheduled my c-section, so my little guy has a potential birthday! We're keeping it to ourselves, though, to keep everyone in suspense. Everyone, that is, except my mom and sis, who'll help us with our other little guys.

I was considering a VBAC, but since the little dude is still breech, I believe (no one will do a u/s at this point, humpf, but my much stomped-upon bladder swears he's feet first) the decision will be out of my hands.

Oh, and I passed the 3-hour GTT, yay!

Hugs,
Meg

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

Yay!!!

September 30 2011, 12:20 PM 

Meg,

I was thinking of you and your 3-hour test! I just called my doctor because I haven't heard back from them and my results, and I did the test a day before you, so I'm assuming not hearing from them is good news happy.gif

I also scheduled my c-section but I'm only 27 weeks tomorrow, so you're probably around Thanksgiving happy.gif Mine is going to be on 12/26, really excited about it.

I'm so big right now people think I'm having this baby next month :p

There is not much to do now other than wait, after you're in the 30 weeks its all good!

I'm not even considering a VBAC, I'm too much of a chicken, and I already had a good first c-section so why try something new? I'm not good with change!

Yay again for passing the GTT Test!

-Maru

Respond to this message   
Meg
(Login NateDog03)

When I didn't hear back...

September 30 2011, 12:46 PM 

about the 3-hour, I didn't call because I'm a wuss. I just kept telling myself they'd call if I flunked it. At my 30-week appt. the other day and the doc confirmed that I did, indeed, pass. So I'm sure it's the same for you!

The test was brutal, though. Had to wait in line for like 45 minutes (I think I counted almost 30 people in front of me) just to check in at the hospital. And, I'd already preregistered! The good thing was that I got to bypass all those people once I did check in.

In total, I got stuck six times--four for the GTT and twice for the Rhogam test and shot. Ah well, it'll all be worth it in the end if this little guy is healthy, so I don't want to complain.

Awesome you scheduled your c-section, too! It's great to do it early so you get the date/doc you want. I was a chicken about the VBAC, too, but the docs were really pushing for it since I'd already delivered vaginally with my first. My last c-section went well, too, so I think I secretly just wanted to do that again. Plus I'd get an extra three days in the hospital... This baby so far is making the decision for everyone!

My scheduled delivery date is right around Thanksgiving, yep happy.gif

Hugs!
Meg

This message has been edited by NateDog03 on Sep 30, 2011 12:48 PM

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Just called!

September 30 2011, 1:02 PM 

And they said yes no news is good news and I passed! yay!!!

I hear you about the c-section, I thought mine was super easy, I got to stay one more day at the hospital, recovery was not bad at all, didn't get hemorroids! LOL! and I got to schedule it.

My first one was scheduled because he was almost nine pounds at 37 weeks, so I had him at 38 weeks exactly and he was 9 pounds.

My doctor recommended it, didn't make me do it, but I decided it was best for me because I didn't want to deliver a 11 pound baby vaginally at 41 weeks happy.gif

This time around I get to schedule it again, especially during the holidays I need to have a date, I'm a control freak, and to think we may be celebrating Xmas or New Year's eve and the baby decides to come it would be pretty stressful for me.

You're funny you didn't call!!!

Thanksgiving baby, my sister was born on 11/25 and her birthday usually falls in thanksgiving. Love Sagitarius happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Meg
(Login NateDog03)

Awesome!

September 30 2011, 1:51 PM 

Congrats on passing the test!

Wow, I don't blame you for having the c-section with DS#1--11 lbs, would've been tough! I think it's great to be able to schedule these in advance, and not have to worry about an emergency c-section. Especially during the crazy holiday season.

Hugs!
Meg

Respond to this message   
sch1star
(no login)

32w :)

September 30 2011, 4:54 PM 

Congrats on the stinkin GTT Meg! The 1 hour is wrong so often, you'd think they'd come up with something a bit better!

I'm 8 mo next Tues! I suspect that I might get scheduled also. I have no alarm bells, but a lot of risk factors. The OB I saw at my last appt said that the lowest risk route for me and the baby is probably a C section. They might be willing to let me go natural if I show up at the office 4cm and progress easily - but they will not let me go late, or let me keep laboring if I'm stalled, or induce me, or allow me to labor if baby stays breech. Some of the reasoning is due to AMA, some of it is the fibroids, some of it is low lying placenta, and some of it is that my scarring puts me at risk for hemorrhage.

The good news is that so far I seem to have a perfect little baby! He measures right, his hr is steady as can be, he moves a lot, doesn't mess with my bp, etc. happy.gif My fibroids have shrunk a ton - they even had trouble finding one at last check - so they aren't in the way of his growth right now. The OB says if he hangs in a couple more weeks, he can come when he wants. No he can't! The house isn't ready! wink.gif He's also still small - 30th % - though I guess that can be inaccurate.

We have another MFM u/s next Mon and then NST start at the hospital twice a week. Any advice from you C-section experienced Moms? We have birth class tomorrow and I hope it's not hardcore natural since I may not have a choice. After all we've been through, the lowest risk option sounds like a very good idea to me.

Respond to this message   
Meg
(Login NateDog03)

Hi! (tmi about my c-section)

September 30 2011, 9:53 PM 

Wow, 8 mos, can you believe it?? In some ways it's flown, but it others...not so much. My sister says this is the longest PG in the history of PGs. That's only because she knew the Monday after the weekend I tested. She watches my kids so I had to tell her why I needed her at the house earlier for my betas and u/s's.

Everything sounds great with you! Now, are they doing the u/s and NSTs because of the reasons you mentioned? (AMA, fibroids, placenta placement and scarring)? My last u/s was at 20 weeks! I'd kind of like another... Of course, they'll have to do them before the c-section to check for placement.

Have fun at the birthing class. It's good to go, even if you have a c-section. Do they give hospital tours during the class? I mentioned to you that I went into labor on the day of my original class with DS#1. The funniest part of that was seeing the class as I was being wheeled into L&D. They were on their hospital tour portion of the class and ran right into us. They were all smiles and "good luck", but I secretly wanted to yell at them to get the hell out of my way, I was in HARD labor, LOL!

In my experience, the c-section really wasn't that bad. Everyone was different, but I'll tell you the worst part of mine:

After they pulled out DS, I got agonizing pain in my shoulders. I had no idea that the air that makes its way inside you can cause air pockets that travel up...right into the shoulder area. They needed to give me morphine for that. It was tough getting up to walk after, but they say the sooner you do it, the faster you heal. The second worst part (and this is where the tmi comes in) was the constipation. O.M.G. For c-sections, they give you pain killers that sort of bind you up, but they also give stool softeners in anticipation of that. (Make sure they do that for you if you have a c.) Anyway, it didn't really help me, because by day 4 I almost passed out on the toilet. A glycerin suppository (which had to be administered by the nurse, how embarrassing), didn't do a thing! So, she had to give me an enema, and was THAT mortifying. Even more so when I finally DID go and had to have maintenance guy come up and unclog the poor toilet after I was through with it, LOL! I swear, the pain of that was WORSE than the c-section. So, just some friendly advice, try to be proactive to avoid that unpleasantness.

Sorry again for the gross story. Each person is different, and that may not happen to you, but at my new mom's group, it seemed to be a common theme amongst those of us who had c-sections.

Update us on your class this weekend!

Hugs,
Meg

Respond to this message   
sch1star
(no login)

Not tmi :)

October 2 2011, 2:55 PM 

Very helpful actually! Jeez - the indignities we suffer! I have to say though the nurses I've dealt with so far, for the most part, have me pretty convinced with their enthusiasm for their work that they sincerely aren't bothered by the things that embarrass us so much! Still, I am making a note to keep my mango habit going in the hospital. wink.gif I hope you don't have to go through the same process this time!

Yes, the extra monitoring is for all that "stuff" - plus the fact, as they told us in MFM at our last scan, "we have all this technology, and 6 yrs of infertility seems like a good reason to use it." not everyone we've come across has seemed so kind, but I really do appreciate it so much when they are happy.gif

Respond to this message   
(no login)

Re: Who's up next?

September 30 2011, 10:38 PM 

Congrats on passing your 3 hour test! Your in the home stretch!!!

Respond to this message   
Meg
(Login NateDog03)

Thanks, Newbie!

October 1 2011, 1:17 PM 

You'll be at this point before you know it. It's amazing how fast it goes.

Hugs,
Meg

Respond to this message   
ALM
(no login)

Way Behind You

October 1 2011, 1:10 PM 

Congrats on passing the GTT and scheduling your due date! I'm just past 16 week and I have to say it feels like it's really moving slow. I guess I'm impatient!

Respond to this message   
Meg
(Login NateDog03)

Hi there...

October 1 2011, 1:18 PM 

Yes, I remember feeling the same way at the 16-week point. Especially because I was sooooo sick. But, after I started feeling better, and after the 20-week point, it just flew by!

So happy to read your updates!

Hugs,
Meg

Respond to this message   
holleigh
(no login)

34 weeks and 4 days today!!

October 1 2011, 1:13 PM 

Starting on Monday I will be going to weekly visits! YIKES!!

In some ways, it feels like it has just flown doesn't it? Congrats on passing your test and having a secret date!

I am hoping we go early, but I also think baby might be either traverse or breech. Hoping to find out for sure on Monday.

~Holleigh

Respond to this message   
Meg
(Login NateDog03)

GL on Monday...

October 1 2011, 1:20 PM 

I hope the baby cooperates and is in the head-down position. Remind me, did you go naturally with your other kiddos or did you have any c-sections?

By the looks of it, you're up next! How exciting! I thought for sure we had some late 30-weekers, but I guess not.

Hugs,
Meg

Respond to this message   
sch1star
(no login)

GL!

October 2 2011, 2:49 PM 

Hope you can get some info - baby is in same position here - I think - I feel almost all movement on my sides. This has always been the case, so I thought he was transverse, but at last check he was actually a frank breech. I have a scan tomorrow - maybe we can compare notes after! Good luck to you and congrats on 35 weeks!

Respond to this message   
bigboy
(no login)

i think amy and i are the "newbs"

October 2 2011, 11:14 AM 

im 11 weeks and she is a little behind me! hope to see some more bfps soon!!

Respond to this message   

(no login)

only 23 weeks here

October 3 2011, 9:25 AM 

So i still have a ways to go... happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Who's up next?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index