<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Alli

December 30 2011 at 1:25 PM
Whitney  (no login)

I hate to but in, but I read your message to Rebekah and I think your little ones are closer to my kids age and this is what I give them. I cant give a chewable yet. This mixture of things must be good because my 26 weekers have never been sick or back to the pediatrician other then for there routine check-ups. I think if I remembering reading right, Rebekah also stated that her little one or ones are never sick either.
1. NOW Vitamin C Crystals 1/4 tsp daily. I mix this with 1 ounce of juice.
2. ENFAMIL Poly-Vi-Sol with Iron 1 ml daily
3. NATREN LIFE START 1/4 tsp daily. I mix this with there milk
4. BLUE ICE Fermented Cod Liver Oil - Non-Flavored 1/2 tsp. I mix this with 1 ounce of juice. I just recently added this to the mix.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Alli
(Login AC2009)

Daycare and Thx to you both!

December 30 2011, 1:40 PM 

I have my kids in school 2 X a week. They have been sick almost every week since. It is such a clean and wonderful place- only around a class of 8 infants. No older kids. I really love it. But I feel soooo guilty about them being sick but I need the mental break. The thought of pulling them out makes me want to cry plus I'll have to go through it again when I put them back into a center. One good thing is that they have had RSV and were uncomfortable but nothing dangerous. Ped wasnt even concerned.

Oh- and a nanny 2x a week is not an option fiscally and b/c I want to be home to do things alone. Im not comfortable with someone in my house bc I always feel guilty if I hear them crying.

We have colds this week. I can handle that. Stomach flu is the devil!!

This message has been edited by AC2009 on Dec 30, 2011 1:42 PM

Respond to this message   
MargieD
(no login)

Could be bad luck.... :-(

December 30 2011, 1:56 PM 

Sorry you're going through this, Alli.

I have had DD in day care since she was 4 weeks old (she was born 2 weeks late and I had to go back to work). She has never gotten majorly sick (knock on wood) even when they were telling me that some kid came down with something or the other. I gave her the Pro-Vo-whatever for a while per Ped's recommendation when she was an infant but after a while that seemed to be a waste of money. She chews a gummy vitamin once a day although the bottle says to give her two. (That stuff is full of sugar anyway.)

Things will probably be different once she starts pre-school next fall.

Respond to this message   
Whitney
(no login)

Hang in there!

December 30 2011, 2:18 PM 

I am so glad your little ones did ok with RSV. RSV is a very scary thing. I know cod liver oil states that it helps reduce risk for respiratory infection. I forgot to note that the Natren Life Start is a probiotic.

Respond to this message   
Wren
(no login)

Second cod liver

December 30 2011, 2:14 PM 

And if you need more vit d thru make liquid vit d. Also infant probiotic for gut health.

Respond to this message   
Alli
(no login)

I started Philips Colon Health tabs

December 30 2011, 3:21 PM 

I split the capsules by a third in each bottle but will try these other suggestions!!

Respond to this message   
Wren
(no login)

My son

December 30 2011, 4:56 PM 

Has been on vitamin d and probiotics since birth, and we may add cod liver oil after his next dr appt and he has had one cold and one stomach bug in nearly the year he's even around! He goes to Childcare at the gym and I take him out with me to stores and such and he's in the nursery at church, so he has opportunity for germs to get him, so I think the supplements are helping. We try to go "natural" as much as possible so that's why we choose these supplements over actual medications with fillers etc. Also, since he is eating solids, we avoid sugar and refined foods as much as we can, since those processed and refined foods suppress the immune system. I imagine with 3 babies it is harder to avoid them getting sick- if one gets it, the others do! But you do the best you can to support their immune system! Hang in there!

Respond to this message   
Alli
(Login Alli2009)

Thanks!! (nt)

January 2 2012, 3:14 PM 

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Alli
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index