<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Trying again in the New Year

December 30 2011 at 7:56 PM
Katie  (no login)

Hi! Some of you may remember me. I still read and check in but never post since I had my son Henry. We were successful (Dr. Davis) on our 2nd IVF cycle at Cornell in March 2010 and Henry was born on Nov. 24 of that year. He is my wonderful 13 month old miracle and worth every year of waiting for him!

Now I am thinking about #2 and hopeful we might get lucky. I plan to try naturally for while, at least until this summer. I know the chances are slim without help, but it happens to some! I am trying to remember supplements... Coq10, royal jelly, wheat grass.... What am I missing? Anyone know how much coq10 to take?

Thanks for any and all advice!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Whitney
(Login Whitney32)

OMG Katie I am so excited for you!

December 30 2011, 8:33 PM 

Here is my list of supplements I took. I buy all of my supplements from Puritan Pride. Good Luck.

- 2000mg Fish Oil
- 100mg CQ10
- 200IU E
- 50mg B-6
- 100mg B-12
- 400mg Folic Acid
- 500mg Magnesium
- Multivitamin
- 1 shot of frozen Wheatgrass. I bought it from Whole Foods. Sometimes I would do fresh if I stopped at the juice bar.

Respond to this message   
Katie
(no login)

Thanks, Whitney!

December 31 2011, 7:15 PM 

I will look into all of those and keep you posted! xx

Respond to this message   
Amy
(Login amy_full_of_hope)

Me too

December 30 2011, 11:30 PM 

I am also going to try again in the New Year and I am worried/excited and not sure how to juggle fertility treatments and my daughter.

I am planning on waiting till March. I will be breastfeeding until DD is 1 year old and then go to the doctor to see what the plan will be. I also need to lose some of my pregnancy weight.

I tried to join the other board for high FSH trying for second child but it didn't seem to work. Any one have any advice on how to join? Also any advice on how to juggle everything? I am a SAHM and not sure who will watch my DD during the many appointments.

Amy

Me: 36; DH: 39, ttc #1 since May 2007
Poor responder
High FSH 12.5
DH: Genetic translocation
M/C (Dec. 07)
Started going to RE in Sept. 08
IUI #1 - BFN (Jan. 09)
IUI #2 - BFN (Feb 09)
IUI #3 - BFN (March 09)
IVF #1 - BFN (June 09)
CCCT + IUI #4 - BFN (Aug 09)
IUI #5 - BFN (Sept 09)
IUI #6 - BFN (Oct 09)
IUI #7 - BFN (Nov 09)
IVF #2 - BFN (January 10) - PGD 1 normal embryo
IUI #8 - BFN (April 10)
IVF #3 - Positive - PGD 1 normal embryo out of 13 - DD born on Feb 13, 2011

Respond to this message   
MargieD
(no login)

Secondary Board - How to get in....

December 31 2011, 8:20 AM 

The Secondary Board is inactive. We meet in a SUPER PRIVATE group on Facebook, but you have to start at the Secondary Board and introduce yourself properly to make sure that you are legit and not a troll. The mod sometimes forgets to check for new members.

I don't know when you signed up last, but sign up again and I'll remind the mod to check for new members.

If you're still having problems, post here on the Preg Board and one of us will get after the mod. happy.gif

By the way - I completely understand your issues about dragging DD to the appointments. That is an issue that has come up. sad.gif

Respond to this message   

(Login 2ndaryFSHttcMod)

**Waving from the Secondary Board...

December 31 2011, 12:47 PM 

Amy!! I put your application through the day before yesterday. Sorry I missed it for that week. Like Margie said, the board over there hasn't really been active recently and a bunch of us are more apt to interact over on Facebook. The group there is one that you can't even find if you're not in it!!! happy.gif

MARGIE!!!! Thanks for the nudge, elbow... whatever! When I checked my email there is no notification for these last ones, but I just have to try to poke my head in there! My email address is added here with my login, so if anyone ever needs to reach me then that would come straight to me!

And we have been totally excited about our recent BFP's and new babes born... ALWAYS welcoming new members if they want to join in!

~~Gigi~~
Secondary High FSH TTC Message Board
Click here for the **Mommy x ??? Group** (for Access to the private board)

Respond to this message   
futurebeauty
(no login)

Come and join us if you are TTC #2 or more

December 31 2011, 4:11 PM 

Please do not be scared away by the facebook thing about loss of privacy. It is a secret group and you only have to friend Gigi to join it and then as you get comfortable you can add other members to your friend list. The only thing that you need to be careful about is only talking about IF on the private board when you befriend someone in the group. No one that I know of has messed up but you need to keep this in mind.

It is fun to see everyone's main pic of their family/children and it really makes the group closer and everyone becomes more real than on regular boards.

One more thing, if someone gets out of line then either the moderator talks to them or they are removed. This rarely happens but wanted to mention it. I believe we are more invested in being supportive and kind to each other than some of the boards b/c it is a closed group.

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif FB

Respond to this message   

(Login amy_full_of_hope)

Thanks!

January 1 2012, 2:02 PM 

Thanks everyone - I was invited to the group - I will post something soon.

Amy

Me: 36; DH: 39, ttc #1 since May 2007
Poor responder
High FSH 12.5
DH: Genetic translocation
M/C (Dec. 07)
Started going to RE in Sept. 08
IUI #1 - BFN (Jan. 09)
IUI #2 - BFN (Feb 09)
IUI #3 - BFN (March 09)
IVF #1 - BFN (June 09)
CCCT + IUI #4 - BFN (Aug 09)
IUI #5 - BFN (Sept 09)
IUI #6 - BFN (Oct 09)
IUI #7 - BFN (Nov 09)
IVF #2 - BFN (January 10) - PGD 1 normal embryo
IUI #8 - BFN (April 10)
IVF #3 - Positive - PGD 1 normal embryo out of 13 - DD born on Feb 13, 2011

Respond to this message   
Adee
(Login Adeedu)

Wish you GL

December 31 2011, 3:00 PM 

I can recommend on adding fennel and liquorice to your diet.

manny years ago, I got p/g on the 19CD with liquorice (and a guy)

Joy and celebrations,

Adee

Respond to this message   
Kristen
(no login)

Wish you the best!

January 1 2012, 9:17 AM 

My DS was born in Jan 2010 (IVF) and I am now due (naturally) with a baby girl in about a month.

When we started trying again, someone suggested to me that I have my vitamin D3 levels checked and I found that mine were within the normal range, but on the very low end. If you're within 'normal', the doctor's ususally don't tell you to supplement, but there is a lot of good info out there on the fertility benefits of having higher D3 levels (in the 50's). I supplemented 2,000 mg of D3 (and nothing else) for about 3 months (and was on month two of treatments for an immune problem) and got pg while breastfeeding. DS was 16 months at the time.

Best of luck!

Kristen

Respond to this message   
Katie
(no login)

Thank you

January 4 2012, 7:26 PM 

What a great story!!! I will look into that! Congrats to you!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Trying again in the New Year
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index