<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Trying to keep it in perspective

December 31 2011 at 9:27 AM
Newbie  (no login)

It took so long to get to this place (34 weeks pregnant) with my own miracle that I am trying to focus on the good. Yet, I feel so horrible. B/w trying to get everything ready, work, feeling like a beached whale, knowing I can't clean my house like it needs to, having a huge arguement with my mom.. I am just like enough. I would love to just hibernate but its not going to happen. Don't mean to be a debbie downer but figured people here would understand the roller coaster more than anyone irl.

Happy New Year everyone.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
ekb88
(no login)

totally understand

December 31 2011, 10:51 AM 

I had a rough time at the end of my pregnancy with DS. I was HUGE - he was 11 lb 6 oz at birth and I felt every pound carrying him at the end. My feet were swollen and I could barely walk because my pelvic bones were out of whack (chiro really helped with that, just in case anyone goes through it). I worked until 10 days before my due date. If I had it to do over again I'd have quit work much earlier.

Just because we struggled to get pregnant doesn't mean it's any less hard for us then it is for fertile people. Infertility does not take away your human card!!!! You can be grateful for pregnancy and still be miserable!! On another fertility board I participate in, pg women are slammed if they dare complain about anything. It infuriates me to no end. Fertile people kvetch all the time about being pregnant. We are no less than they are. We can carry gratitude in our hearts for pregnancy, but I think it's okay to recognize that there are plenty of aspects of it that are kinda crappy, especially when you get near the end.

So for whatever it's worth, I think it's okay if you are miserable. Wear it proudly happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Alli
(Login Alli2009)

I agree

December 31 2011, 4:21 PM 

I made a point not to complain on this board because of obvious reasons, but my DH heard a load of it!! I think some people like being prego and some dont. I did not except for the kicking and the fact that I was able to experience it.

And Ekb?!!! My Lord! Thats about what I had in my belly.

Respond to this message   
Raindrops1
(Login Raindrops1)

Awwww.....don't feel bad.

December 31 2011, 10:50 PM 

Some women are lucky and have easy pregnancies with no problems. But probably most other women are not so lucky and feel sick or have a variety of annoying problems throughout their pregnancies. Well you are 34 weeks already so not much more to go. I hope you feel the best you can for the rest of your pregnancy and try not to be hard on yourself.

Respond to this message   
Kristen
(no login)

I can relate

January 1 2012, 9:00 AM 

I'm only a week ahead of you, feeling huge an exhausted. I've also been chasing my 23 month old around and trying to plan his birthday party which will be one week before I'm due! Luckily, this pg has treated me very well, I haven't had too much to complain about, but I am really tired and have terrible insomnia most nights. We just finished a reno to get the rooms right in our house to give the baby a nursery and have room for in-laws! We have the furniture, but are still not ready for the baby (no mattress still) - we have two showers next week and will be doing our shopping after, when I'm even MORE pg! happy.gif Nothing like waiting until the last minute!

Hang in there - we're in the home stretch. happy.gif

Kristen

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index