This forum has been set to "read only". This is a forum that offers support, information, a place to cry or a place to share success. We are not medical professionals and are not responsible for the accuracy or opinions expressed in this forum. Use the information gleaned here at your discretion and risk. It is always best and wisest to consult a medical professional before any course of action is taken. Good luck, and all the best!!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Well....

January 4 2012 at 11:24 AM
Kelly  (Login sydkais)

Doesn't the doubling time slow down when your numbers get over 10 or 15 K. I honestly can't remember, but I am sure someone will chime in. Also, if this is a totally natural (which I think it is) as long as your progesterone is over 15 you shoudl be fine. I realize it is still so stressfull tough. I don't think prog. cream could hurt though. I think Acu also helps with that. Maybe get in for a quick acu apt too if you have one and/or think it helps for you. Good luck!!!

Kelly

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Kelly
(Login sydkais)

ekb88 .... sorry, this was a response to you...

January 4 2012, 11:26 AM 

Not sure what I managed to do wrong;)

Respond to this message   
ekb88
(no login)

thanks kelly

January 4 2012, 3:42 PM 

I know. If it were someone else, I'd feel comfortable telling them their progesterone levels were fine. I found a good chart on it and my levels are within the normal range. It was easier when I was pg with DS, because it was a surprise right before an ivf cycle, so I already had progesterone on hand, and I was being monitored by an RE. RE's are all about early pregnancy. As I read somewhere once, an RE is an expert at the first few weeks of pregnancy, and an OB is an expert at the last few weeks of pregnancy. I think my ob is just out of his element a little bit dealing with one this early.

Respond to this message   
b&a72
(no login)

Beta

January 4 2012, 4:44 PM 

I was told that once it hits about 8,000 it will slow down quite a bit and ultrasound is the best way to monitor a pregnancy after that. But being a Dr. Check patient they do betas up until 8 weeks or so. And your progesterone is good for a natural cycle but would not hurt anythng to supplement with extra.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>