<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

What are the Chances...(+ FRER mentioned)

May 3 2012 at 1:22 PM
Teresa  (no login)

Hello,
I can't believe I am writing this.
Today is Day 25 in my cycle. I usually get AF every 30 days.
The past 3 days, I've been feeling "off" Queasy. I haven't really had any AF cramps which is unusual for me because they start around day 20 and go for 10 days until AF.
I just took a FRER and it's positive.
I don't want to get my hopes up because it's EARLY, AF is due on Tuesday. But wow, that line turned dark FAST!
The directions said sometimes a false positive happens, so I am holding my breath.
I called RE and am going there in the am for a Beta.
Also, I have some left over endometrin from a cycle with Dr C, should I insert one?
This would be crazy because I JUST decided to go ahead with another sono saline and possibly have this fibroid removed.
I'm so scared and hopeful.
Thank you for reading this.
Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
mel
(no login)

Holy wow!!! Yay!!!

May 3 2012, 2:10 PM 

That is fantastic news Teresa!!!! I am soooooo happy for you!!!!

I say yes, definitely, take the endometrin if you have it.

Looking forward to your update after your beta. Huge congrats and hugs to you!!!

Respond to this message   
Teresa
(no login)

Thank you SO much

May 3 2012, 2:13 PM 

for responding, I am home alone and losing my mind!
I will go ahead and take the endometrin!
I'm so excited and at the same time, so afraid to allow myself to be excited.
Please let this one #5, stick

Respond to this message   
minka
(no login)

WOW

May 3 2012, 2:16 PM 

OMG Teresa, this is sooo wonderful! I have not been on the board much lately (taking a break myself...) I am sending you lots of sticky vibes. Take your progesterone! Please keep us updated! Hugs to you!

minka

Respond to this message   
Teresa
(no login)

Thank you, Minka

May 3 2012, 2:34 PM 

Minka, thank you for your thoughts and wishes.
The break I took did me so good on an emotional level and I hope you are feeling good too. The crying every day stopped and the pressure was off.
I'm thinking of you, keep me posted on how you are doing too.
Love, Teresa

Respond to this message   
smrc
(no login)

very excited for you

May 3 2012, 4:14 PM 

and hoping but nothing but good news for you going forward! For the p4 supplementation, it certainly doesn't seem like it could hurt, although you'll have to be a bit careful/conscious of how and when you come off. Keep us updated! SMRC

Respond to this message   
Teresa
(no login)

Thank you and about P4

May 3 2012, 4:20 PM 

I'm going to ask the RE tomorrow if I should keep taking it.
I'm curious what he will say.
I don't know if this is standard or not when under an RE care. My last PG I wasn't given any. Then again, I was naaive to ask what my levels were.
Not this time!
I took one a few hours ago- glad I had some left!
Thank you for your good wishes, I need all I can get!

Respond to this message   
juliemam
(Login juliemam)

how exciting!!

May 3 2012, 4:27 PM 

will be keeping my fingers crossed for you, this is so exciting!!!

Good luck and will be looking for yoru update tomorrow happy.gif

hugs!
jm

Respond to this message   
Teresa
(no login)

Thank you, Juliemam, SO much!! n/t

May 3 2012, 4:34 PM 

Respond to this message   
Sara H
(no login)

That is GREAT!

May 3 2012, 7:19 PM 

But INSIST on P4. You are still Coo.per patient, right? Call them, tell them, and ask for a script for it. I bet they will give you one if the RE doesn't. Most RE's seem to not take P4 seriously at all... grrr!

(One thought: You did not take any kind of trigger shot, right? Just checking, it can stick in your system, just to worn you.)

I am so happy for you! I know you have had this happen before so I am not totally surprised but I am thrilled! Stick with your Dr.s, Coo.per if you can, so they can get you safely on your way to a full-term pregnancy!

SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!
HUGS!
Sara H

Respond to this message   
Teresa
(no login)

Well...good news and bad news with P4

May 3 2012, 7:41 PM 

I am technically not with C ooper. I stopped, I took a break from all of this. I had my meltdown after I had the MRI and they found the intramural fibroid. I went to see a surgeon who thought it most likely should come out. He felt that I wouldn't get pregnant with this based on it's location.

So I was waiting for my period to come (due on this coming Tuesday the 8th) and he was going to do a sono saline under anesthesia for me, to be absolutely sure this was compressing my uterus. I was thinking that I was going to be scheduling surgery soon.

Now, when I saw Dr C heck back in Janaury, he called in a big P4 Rx for me to Fertility Pharmacy. 6 months worth I believe. I have about 2 weeks worth left over and I took one this afternoon (100mg). I could always call FF and have it sent to me if this RE doesn't think I need it. But then I would be self monitoring and that scares me a bit.

Or- I could call C ooper and explain what happened. Dr B was really amazing with me when we went to discuss what happened during my hysteroscopy.

I guess I will see what happens with the Beta. I can always request P4- can't I? I would like think this RE would have some mercy on me after having 4 losses, why chance it? I don't understand why they would be against it if it can only help things.

This is so unexpected and so scarily early. Historically, I always test + early. On Day 11 of my cycle though, I was getting ready to ovulate based on bloodwork I had done in the hospital when I was hemorraging a couple weeks ago. I hope that doesn't have any negative effect on todays news.

Thank you for writing and your advice!

Respond to this message   
Anna
(no login)

congrat and advice on P4

May 3 2012, 9:19 PM 

Teresa congrats. I am so happy for you.

About P4, take P4 and call Cooper and say you were their patient back in January and now you got prg naturally and would like them to monitor P4 and E2 for you. NO OTHER CENTER is so restrict about P4. I am sure cooper will accept to do your monitoring, its a $375 fee and you will do blood every week till week 20 (at least thats how I did it) I am 16 weeks and they just took me of the P4 2 days ago, they dont stop it al the sudden they decrease gradually and now I am on my own. I still have to do couple of more blood work with them so they can trust my body and make sure theP4 level is steady. I didnt tell my OBGYN because I am sure he would disagree with cooper, I just went with cooper. And when you are with cooper you dont need to see an RE you can just go to your OBGYN and the blood work is not as stressful as it is during the cycle one day here and there doesnt make that much difference and things are more flexible. Also the prg nurse at Cooper is very nice and supportive.

Respond to this message   
Teresa
(no login)

Anna, Thank you and Question

May 4 2012, 8:12 AM 

Anna thank you for writing to me.
I can't believe you are 16 weeks already, WOW!!!!
Yesterday I took 100mg x 2 Endometrin, thankful I had some left. I just came back from my beta and told the nurse there and she agreed, keep taking the P4. She told me stick with 200 mg right now but she said when my test comes back today she will tell me if I should take more. I am going to still speak to C ooper. How much were you on every day and what kind?
I wonder why some REs don't see the need for it. Especially if it can't hurt!

Respond to this message   
Sara H
(no login)

I agree with PP...

May 3 2012, 10:20 PM 

I would call Coo.per tomorrow, I really would. Unless you wrote and fired them just tell them you were talking a break and this happened. But, there help is sooo important.

But, I'd stick with your new guy, too. You have a complicated case in some ways, best to have all on board. Just don't let anyone tell you that you don't need p4 support... don't take no as an answer! It's a 'can't hurt' addition to your care!

Just to prep you: your new dr. might not be as thrilled as you are... and they might not be overly optimistic for you, just so you are ready for that. He was clear on what he felt the course of action should be and now this has changed that.

PLEASE don't misunderstand, I am thrilled for you, thrilled! But I just want to possibly prep you for what might possibly happen. I could be totally wrong but my bet is there will be some concern on his part.

Keep us in the loop and CONGRATULATIONS! happy.gif

Hugs!
Sara H

Respond to this message   
jkl
(no login)

yes just call cooper

May 4 2012, 12:42 PM 

for the script. I just got a natural bfp and called my old RE for bloodwork and monitoring. I think you should go on high levels of P4 given your history. It won't hurt and may help. You want to do everything you can to prevent another loss. Excited for you!

jkl

Respond to this message   
Laura
(no login)

Good news!!!

May 3 2012, 9:23 PM 

Teresa, I am thrilled for you!!! No OB should really question a request for p4 (since it doesn't hurt to take it) unless it's like above 50. I am cautiously optimistic and praying for you! xoxoxo

Respond to this message   
tersa
(no login)

Thank you, Laura!! n/t

May 4 2012, 8:12 AM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index