<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Freaking Out

May 9 2012 at 4:36 PM
Teresa  (no login)

I'm having pretty bad cramps and it feels like AF is going to come any second. I am only 4 weeks and 2 days today. Compared to previous pregnancies- with this one, I am not nauseaus, not tired, my boobs barely hurt, I'm not emotional at all. With my last PG, I had all these things at 4 weeks. Intensely. Is this a bad sign?

I'm taking my Endometrin, 3x a day.

I'm terrified that I'm going to miscarry. I have to go to get an early sono on Monday in which I will be 5 weeks and honestly I haven't figured out yet how I am going to get through it, because I know it's going to bring back horrible memories when I went in for my 8 week 4 day sono last August and the Dr couldn't see the heartbeat and I found out we lost the baby. When I think about Monday I feel my heart start to race. I'm beyond terrified.

Does anyone have any advice of how I can get through this? Is the cramping normal? I swear I don't feel pregnant. I am not doing too well. At all.

Thank you for reading this.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Laura
(no login)

Ooof. This part is so tough...

May 9 2012, 4:59 PM 

I mean the part between when you get a BFP and the part where you can get an u/s that shows a sac (5 wk). Under other circumstances, I would say go in right away, but the problem is that they might not be able to see anything since it's so early...that would be even more nerve-wracking!!

So, I guess my only advice is to drink a lot of water, lie down/take a bath and take some tylenol. The cramps could also be a side-effect of the progesterone supps. I've never taken them but I've heard they can be quite irritating. Hope you feel better soon!

Respond to this message   
mel
(no login)

These early days are really difficult

May 9 2012, 5:04 PM 

I may not be the best person to give this advice because I'm still terrified that something could go wrong. After three early losses myself, it is difficult to relax, BUT...please know that everything you are feeling right now is totally normal, and regardless of how you were at this point with other pregnancies - they are all different, so try not to compare.

It is still very early for symptoms to be there, and the cramping is very normal to feel at this point. Things are happening down there, stretching is going on and it really does mirror AF-like cramps.

These early days are so tough, especially when we've experienced losses before. As best you can, try to keep your positive mindset about you, which I know is easier said than done.

Sending hugs!

Respond to this message   
Anna
(no login)

Re: Freaking Out

May 9 2012, 6:30 PM 

I am still like that. but before I start let me say I am 17 weeks pregnant, last week my P4 was 76 they stopped all the supplement and now it went down to 28 and I freaked out. my OBGYn said dont worry and so did dr check and I am repeating the test on Friday and hopefully its a better #. I said that so you wont get worried about your P4 of 20, the nurse at cooper said some times the P4 level stays around 30 for a long time during prg and doesnt go up.

About being worried, just dot feel abnormal, I am still worried, I think we all are, for example every time I go to the bathroom I wipe with fear and then wait 5 seconds and check the toilet paper (sorry for TMI), my eyes often see red spots and then I blink and the red is gone!!!! My brain is making up things, really, I may be going crazy, LOL!!! And I still have cramps, my cramps are mostly because of my endometriosis but they are very light.

Respond to this message   
smrc
(no login)

I am so sorry you're going through this

May 9 2012, 7:26 PM 

could you go in for b/w before Monday just to check that that beta is still rising? It may help to know exactly what is going on, as least with regards to numbers. I have had a lot of cramping so far (intense at times) and so the cramping could be a good or bad sign.

Respond to this message   
AJ
(no login)

Re: Freaking Out

May 9 2012, 8:13 PM 

Hey Teresa-
I don't post here often, but I wanted to let you know....out of my 4 pregnancies, the only one I didn't have symptoms with was my successful one. I never even POAS because I was sure I *wasn't* pregnant. I found out at my annual appt:). With the ones that ended in m/c I had sore bb, was tired and "felt" pregnant. I just wanted you to know that feeling different from your other pregnancies isn't necessarily a bad sign:) Hang in there-

Respond to this message   
ekb88
(no login)

I hit 24 weeks this week

May 9 2012, 10:12 PM 

which is the viability point.

At 5 weeks I was sitting in my ob's office, crying my heart out, because I had spotted that morning and my bit of nausea was gone and I was absolutely convinced the pregnancy was over. He did an u/s that day, and all he could tell me was that my tubes looked clear so I was likely not having an ectopic pregnancy. I think I did a pretty good job of convincing him it was over as well. He reminds me of that day every time I go in and we hear the heartbeat happy.gif.

The early days are the worst - you'll be checking for symptoms every minute. You had a couple of good beta's - trust them. Just because it took you a while to get here doesn't mean this pregnancy is doomed. This board is filled with women who struggled who've had good pregnancies. I totally know what you are going through, but know that now the odds are in your favor - a majority of pregnancies continue successfully. Hugs to you.

Respond to this message   
DeeinNYC
(no login)

Oh Teresa

May 9 2012, 10:19 PM 

I'm sorry that you are ging through this. Know that every pregnancy is different and cramping can be normal. Try to remain calm and think the best for your upcoming u/s. I have been where you are and its a tough wait. It's natural to think negative given all that you have beenthrough but know that you can have a positive outcome this time. Keep the faith and good luck next week. I

Respond to this message   
Teresa
(no login)

Thank you

May 10 2012, 12:17 PM 

to all of you for helping to calm me down, I keep re-reading each post and try to memorize your words into my head. I know you understand and I really appreciate you comforting me.

It's hard not to analyze every little thing, and I have a bad habit of "taking notes" so I keep going back to previous pg's and comparing symptoms and signs. Example, today I have 99.5 temp. Last time I was PG, I had the same and wound up miscarrying. So my mind goes to that place and I panic. (I did call the dr and he said 99.5 is not to worry)

I will try not to make those comparisons anymore. Doing so is just making me crazy. No good is coming out of it.

I was going through the search button on here. Someone awhile ago, came up with these amazing affirmations "there is nothing to fear...my body is capable" They're great and helpful. I wrote them down and am trying to go to these when I freak out. Which is pretty much 16 hours a day ha ha.

It's going to be a loooooong 8 months. I can only hope.

You are all really kind. I'm very grateful.

Thank you again.

Respond to this message   

(Login ekb88)

Check out

May 10 2012, 11:18 PM 

anjionline.com

She has meditations you can download to your iPod and listen when you need to. I user them when I did IVF the first time and found it very helpful. She has a set for pg after IF that would likely be good for you happy.gif.

Respond to this message   
Teresa
(no login)

Just checked it out, thanks

May 11 2012, 5:13 AM 

wow the description was spot on. Going to try it out. Thanks for the suggestion!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Freaking Out
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index