Very Strange

by pistol78 (no login)

So I just bought another NU50 off of Ebay only to find the following problem. The person I purchased it from was not using the ignition. He had it tucked away in the headlight case, and the bike would simply start with the run switch activated. Another wierd thing was that he did not have a battery either but rather had a "harness" so to speek set up with ONE red (the fuse line), ONE red into this harness doing nothing, ONE green to the harness, doing nothing, and TWO blk/red wires going into the harness and connecting each other. Of course with this set up the bike started and ran but nothing electrical ran. I managed to wire a battery and an ignition, to which i had the key and the lights worked, however the key did nothing. the blk/red wires where the ones that controlled the bikes electrical power. If the wires where connected the bike ran, if not the bike shut off. Can anyone explain this???

Thanks, Pistol

Posted on Jun 11, 2005, 11:48 PM
from IP address 24.14.49.185

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Re: Very Strange. TheMopedWhiz, Jun 12, 2005, 8:40 PM
    1. Re: Very Strange. pistol78, Jun 13, 2005, 8:11 PM
      1. Re: Very Strange. TheMopedWhiz, Jun 13, 2005, 10:54 PM
        1. TY n/m. pistol78, Jun 13, 2005, 11:54 PM

Find more forums on MotorcyclesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Member of the Moped webring

Moped webring Homepage