Last Questions...

by chris (no login)

Ok heres the last of whats going on with my express and questions.
I have a 1978 Honda Express (NC50)

Overall it is in MINT! condtion, it was found stored in a guys garage in rochester, NY. I took the chance and snatched it. 712 miles when i got it, cleaned it, rode it untill 1010 miles with a broken horn and headlight.What i know thats broken:

headlamp
maybe horn

i put in a new battery, put brand new acid in it. Put in on a charger on 12v for about 2mins and then 6v for about 5mins. Then rode it for about 100 miles with the horn semi working and tailight working. My questions are:

should the tailight always be on? i start it up no lights are on. But when i ride a brake thats the only time my rear brake light turns on. The horn worked for maybe 1 min after i charged it on 6v overnight for about 6 hours. Is my battery dead? did i ruin the battery?

also decided to look inside the headlamp housing...it looked like the lamp bulb was replaced then blown again, now just need a whole new light. It only had 2 white wires coming from the back of the light that were cut and just hanging there. So i just figured i need a hole new light. Now the horn i took the back screw off and cleaned with a metal brush, little corrosion, hooked it back up and still doesnt work. I also removed the hight beam assemble w/lightbuld and speedmeter light w/light bulb and are laying in my tool box untill i figure the problems out and get a new headlight. I didnt want to blow those bulbs, thats why i have them taken out. Another question i have is the 2 pods of green terminals (where green wire connect too) Does it matter just as long as a green wire goes in them, do the green wires have to go to certain terminals?

fyi, with the shop m. i tested the rectifier, works fine, and the yellow wires underneath the carb, works fine

thats the low down on my express..lol
thanks, chris

Posted on Jun 14, 2005, 7:00 PM
from IP address 24.58.39.139

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Re: Last Questions.... TheMopedWhiz, Jun 15, 2005, 12:13 AM

Find more forums on MotorcyclesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Member of the Moped webring

Moped webring Homepage