1980 honda NC50 questions

by matty (Login mattyheard)

I am near giving up on getting my 1980 honda express nc50 to run. I can get it started by manually choking the intake on the carb with my hand, it will run with the choke out and in, but if i open the throttle, it will run fast and then die like it is starving for fuel. Also when it starts, it runs really fast. Any ideas? It sat over the winter a couple of winters ago, so i have cleaned the petcock and carb. Is there a source for the Keihin carbs or any aftermarket alternatives. What size is this carb? Keihin makes i think 28 mm carbs, but I am not sure how they would fit this applivation. The headlight also just blew out. I have the battery hooked up, but did not check to see that the fuse is still good. I know that running it without the battery blows the headlight, but if the fuse is good, what is the name of the thing that i replaced one time? I think it was the rectifier. Thanks for your help.

Posted on Jan 5, 2008, 7:15 PM
from IP address 96.2.6.64

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Matty,check for fuel supply.. Don-ohio, Jan 10, 2008, 11:08 AM

Find more forums on MotorcyclesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Member of the Moped webring

Moped webring Homepage