Home  |  ’Risti Chat  |  Reference Section  |  Panerai Watch Trading  |  Accessories Trading |  Panerai Models
Fine Watch Trading
 |  Around The World  |  VP Scrapbook  |  The Best Straps for Panerai Watches  |  Ask Mario Paci
The Wonderful World Of Straps  
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to forum  

PAM 305 with mismatched movement number

May 12 2016 at 7:41 PM
Ben  (Login Paneraibenl)
from IP address 99.250.87.163

Hi all;

First time on the forum.

I bought a second hand PAM 305 titanium Q series (mint condition) from a reputable dealer (not authorized dealer but one that sells many Panerai, prefer to leave names out).

I discovered that all of the numbers of the watch match except the movement number. The dealer responded to my concern, that the watch might of have had issues, movement was replaced, and as such the number does not match. He suggested that I consider sending it for authentication and I suppose a new certificate would be issued.

Problem I have is the fact that that I was not informed of the history of the watch, there is no record of the watch movement replacement.

My position is that I should be sent a new watch, and that the responsibility rests with the seller/dealer. In addition, I believe my current watch woudl not maintain its value having mismatched numbers, and lack of service record.

Any thoughts would be welcomed.

Ben

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jerry
(Login JerryIrids)

Return the watch, or get a Lawyer.

May 13 2016, 7:17 AM 

Dealer should sell you the correct watch you purchased.

Basically you purchased a watch without paperwork and the dealer probably knew this.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to forum  
shopify analytics ecommerce