Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • If it expands the series...
    • Noname (no login)
      Posted Aug 14, 2005 5:51 PM

... than so be it. At least the odds of characters returning (read: Ali), is much higher because of this. 26 half-hour episodes are equal to 30 hours worth of movies, and this is longer than the entire series thus far. The only problem might come from quality. I don't know who is directing/writing these episodes. If it is a different group of people, than we may see some quality reduction. If it is the same people, than the quality should not significantly drop.

This could be our greatest hour. If the series lives up the the general quality of the movies, than we
      should be very happy, as we will be able to see new material pouring into the series in many regular installments. If it is bad, than the twilight of the series may finally be upon us. This is a great risk that is being taken by those at Universal. It takes a lot of capital investment to make a television series. If there are insufficient capital returns, the TV show might drag the entire series down, causing the story to end at last...

On the other hand, this has the potential to make The Land Before Time flourish beyond our wildest dreams. The series is evidently selling well, if the transition from direct-to-home movies to television could be made. If they keep doing what they are doing, all should go well... Perhaps we shall see Tria and Bron and Ali again, and sooner than we once thought. Just having Ali's return in the series (IF it happens), would be enough to persuade many, many fans to endorse the series.

Concluding, I don't know what this means. They are taking an awful risk. This had better work. I am hopeful that it will.
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Find more forums on AnimationCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement