TALENTS HOMEBASE
Founded on November 10, 2003

The place where genuine talents dwell..

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Close the Door on Fear

October 31 2011 at 7:45 AM
daily word  (no login)

TODAYS SCRIPTURE
Do not give the devil an opportunity to work.
(Ephesians 4:27, ISV)

TODAYS WORD
So many people today are living with less than Gods best because theyve allowed fear to creep in and take root in their lives. Fear is the greatest weapon the enemy uses to try to hold us back. Fear is not from God. Scripture tells us that fear brings torment. Its designed to paralyze us and keep us from Gods blessings.

The good news is that God is greater than fear. His power in you is greater than any power that comes against you. But in order to walk in His power, you have to close the door on the enemy. See, the enemy cant have access to your life unless you open a door and give him access. Thats why we have to be careful about what we watch, what we listen to, what we read, and what we say. When we open ourselves to fear, we give the enemy opportunity.

If youve allowed fear to steal from you in any area of life, today you can be free you can be finished with fear. Conquering the enemy starts by making the choice to close the door on fear, and instead, meditate on Gods promises. We overcome by the blood of the Lamb and word of our testimony! Let His truth sink down into your heart. Declare it out of your mouth. Let Him set you free and lead you into victory as you close the door on fear!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, I come to You today declaring that I am finished with fear. Thank You for giving me power, love and a sound mind. I choose to stand on Your promises. Fill me with Your peace and joy today as I move forward in victory with You in Jesus name. Amen.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
insights for living
(no login)

He's in Charge

October 31 2011, 7:47 AM 

by Charles R. Swindoll

Read Esther 8:9--14

The law of the Medes and Persians couldn't be changed. The law Haman had written had to stay on the books. But because the heart of the king had been softened by the pleas of Esther, he provided a way by which that law might never come into effect---or would at least be neutralized.

The Jews could protect themselves. In fact, they could do more than that. They could take the lives of anyone who might attack them, including women and children, and they had a right to plunder and take ownership of their possessions. So at least it was an even playing field. The Jews now had their own defense, established of all things, by the Persian law. "The couriers, hastened and impelled by the king's command, went out, riding on the royal steeds; and the decree was given out at the citadel in Susa" (Esther 8:14).

Amazing! And to think these rights provided for all the Jews were granted by the same man who earlier had virtually sealed their doom.

You may have some person after you. You may have some document, something that's been written that seems irrevocable---some magazine article, some newspaper article, some transcript, some occupational report, some lawsuit, whatever. Because it's in writing, it looks so intimidating, so unerasable, so legal. And you're reading these words, thinking, Yeah, but if you only knew who's behind that. That's my whole point here! Who is anybody compared to the living Lord? I don't care who's behind that document. We serve a sovereign God who has yet to go "Ahh!" when He finds anything on this earth. Nothing frightens Him. Nothing causes Him to do a neck jerk. He's in charge! We live "in the shelter of the Most High." We "abide in the shadow of the Almighty" (Psalm 91:1). Nothing is too hard for Him! Nothing!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Close the Door on Fear
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
* Foul words and unrelated topics will be deleted. *
http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/106/106545ua737abr86.jpg

Map IP Address