TALENTS HOMEBASE
Founded on November 10, 2003

The place where genuine talents dwell..

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Get Ready for the "new"

April 13 2012 at 9:47 AM
daily word  (no login)

TODAYS SCRIPTURE

And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined
(Luke 5:37, NIV)

TODAYS WORD

Are you ready for a new chapter in your life? In order to move forward into the blessings God has for you, you have to be willing to let go of the old. The things that are behind you are not nearly as important as what is out in front of you. Its time to get ready for the new!

You may have had some unfair things happen, things that you dont understand. But let me tell you, you have come too far to stop now. Instead of allowing those things to hold you back, why dont you let go and take a step of faith into the new? Its time to get a new, bigger vision; its time to get a new, fresher outlook; its time to rise up with a new attitude! Instead of settling where you are, pick up and move forward. Have the attitude that says, I may not understand it; it may not have been fair, but I am not getting stuck on this page. I know God has a new chapter for me a chapter filled with blessings, favor and victory!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Today, I choose to trust You with my past, present and future. Give me wisdom to discern the seasons of my life and teach me to embrace the new things You have in store for me in Jesus name. Amen.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
insights
(no login)

What's Your Motive?

April 13 2012, 9:48 AM 

by Charles R. Swindoll

Read Philippians 1:17; James 4:3

During my days in seminary, I formed a habit that helped me immensely throughout life. I had my artistic sister, Luci, print a simple, three-word question on a small rectangular card I placed on the wall above the desk where I spent so much of my time.

Just black letters on a white card, with a bold question mark at the end:

WHAT'S YOUR MOTIVE?

I no longer have the card, but the question is now indelibly etched on my mind. I ask it almost every day of my life. It has proven to be an essential checkpoint I now apply on a regular basis:

Why are you planning this?
What's the reason behind your doing that?
Why did you say yes (or no)?
What is the motive for writing that letter?
Why are you excited over this opportunity?
What causes you to bring up that subject?
Why did you mention his or her name?
What's your motive, Swindoll?

Searching, probing, penetrating questions.

Because the path of servanthood is so perilous, we need to cultivate a sensitive walk with God marked by obedience.

Respond to this message   
GOD bless u :)
(no login)

Re: What's Your Motive?

April 15 2012, 7:29 AM 

Trust and obey. God is faithful.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Get Ready for the "new"
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
* Foul words and unrelated topics will be deleted. *
http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/106/106545ua737abr86.jpg

Map IP Address