Return to Index  

No.

May 9 2006 at 6:48 PM
Jeff Warden  (Login jawarden)

Response to Should we send the DR people a signed petition...

Hi Alberto,

I couldn't sign the petition because I think it would be bad for the brand, but then again these watches are well out of my budget anyway, so I doubt my personal signature would carry much weight.

Seriously though, I don't think it's a great idea to try to resurrect old designs and techniques when there is no need. Doing so would send a signal (to me anyway) that the "new DR" doesn't have the design sophistication of the "old DR", nor the confidence in what they're doing; not a message I would want to broadcast if I were to steer the ship. I think a clean break with the old designs is healthy; in fact, I would be pleased if they would be done with the pill shaped case and move on to new shapes entirely.

For the record, the modern DR designs are not my cup of tea, but I don't want the old designs (some of which I view as true classics) to be remade either, as the vintage ones can already be found and purchased if you're patient enough to do so.

Nosiree, if I had the ear of decisionmakers at DR (and I think I do, as we all do here at The PuristS), I would tell them to keep it up; keep refining, keep designing truly new watches, but, um, design a little harder, if you know what I mean.

Best regards,

Jeff

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page