Return to Index  

Thank you, Mr. Roden, and I have to share, having heard more than a few examples

November 14 2006 at 12:34 PM

ThomasM  (Premier Login thepurist178)
AP Discussion Group

Response to Thank you Harry and let me clarify about sonneries

of your latest iteration of the Sonnerie Carillon movement you have developed, that the tone is as pure and beautiful as any I have heard. (now if only the volume can be improved...

)

It is indeed a movement to be proud of, and one I would personally be proud to own, circumstances allowing.

I look forward to the exciting future developments coming from you, which the "grapevine" has told me are exciting indeed!

Sincerely,

TM

ps: I agree, Gerald, that more hammers and gongs classically means softer volume for each note, ceteris paribus. But I am sure you also agree that it is a very complex equation; I have heard a repeater the size of a Swiss 10 cents piece that has magnificent volume, and a full Westminster 5 gong chime that was as loud as a basic minutes and hours repeater.

The size of the hammers, the strength of the springs, the casework, etc etc etc.

It ain't easy, and you know I appreciate what tremendous progress you guys have made, my own personal past preferences notwithstanding!

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page