<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Papillon(old)

May 28 2006 at 9:04 PM
Decha  (no login)

After months of waiting, I will finally get my watch tomorrow. Hopefully, it will be delivered in the morning. Can't wait.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jacky
(Login EuJax)
PP Discussion Group

Great! Please share some pictures with us and enjoy the watch! nt

May 29 2006, 6:32 AM 

Respond to this message   
Decha
(no login)

Guess what

May 29 2006, 6:50 AM 

I couldn't wait until tomorrow so I was went to AD this evening and got my Papillon. SOOOO beautiful and it would be one of the few best collection I have. The metal is RG though I prefer WG but RG is as beautiful. The size is absoultely prefect for my wrist and color of the dial is awesome. Overall, I would it a 9 of 10. Will tried to get some pictures and post later.

Respond to this message   
michel
(no login)

Congratulations Decha,

May 30 2006, 9:38 AM 

It's a beautiful watch, and i have the same feeling with it, it wears great, with a perfect size for a smal wirst.

Enjoy it.

michel

Respond to this message   
Decha
(no login)

Maybe you or Alberto can answer this

May 30 2006, 7:26 PM 

Indeed a great watch. But i have notice the hour marker doesn't move forward instantly once the minute marker passed the 60 minute mark. The hour marker only change forward when its 3 or 4 minutes passed the hour. Is it normal or should I have it check.

Respond to this message   
michel
(Login michelwe)
AP Discussion Group

Hello Decha,

May 31 2006, 2:43 AM 

I think your right, and that it is normal, i haven't worn the watch for a while, so i will check it.
But if i recall it good, it's like that, and you hear a very nice sound ( the disc rotating )when it happends.
So i wouldn't worry about it, probably Alberto can tell it better.

regards Michel

Respond to this message   
Decha
(no login)

Hi Michel

May 31 2006, 9:12 AM 

I have notice that sometimes the hour mark advance forward about 1 or 2 minutes after the hour. I have check with the AD and they said its normal for this complication watch. According to them the norm is about 1 to 4 minutes so its perfect. But I guess Alberto can enlighthen us on this issue.

Respond to this message   
michel
(Login michelwe)
AP Discussion Group

Hello decha,

May 31 2006, 1:52 PM 

Didn't know if you know this story about the Papillon from Alberto.
It's very nice to read,and maybe give some more answers, and will also put the papillon on again.
Enjoy!!!

http://www.tp178.com/ag/dr_papillon/PapillonReviewRevised.htm

regards Michel

Respond to this message   

AlbertoS
(Login Alberto_S)

I believe that it is normal...

June 2 2006, 8:30 AM 

...though the exact timing changes on each individual watch. Both indications (i.e. hours and minutes) and not "direct" from the wheels, as is the case with hands, but are based on starwheels, springs, and finges which make them jump or deploy. Both are bound to have some play in them, and both, though they can be adjusted, will probably change a little with time. In some instances, these can play agaist eachother (i.e. the hours can jump a tad late and the minute indicator deploy a tad early), thus exacerbating this gap. So I would not worry about it too much. If it does go beyond 3 or 4 minutes, then you can have it readjusted, but as with everything, my personal philosophy is not to open a watch up unless it really needs it!

Enjoy it - it is truly an amazing watch, and probably one of my favourite Roths...

Cheers,

http://www.tp178.com/ag/Alberto%20signature.jpg

Respond to this message   
Jacky
(Login EuJax)
PP Discussion Group

Hey thats great! Cant wait huh? Enjoy the watch and please share us some picts. nt

June 1 2006, 10:26 AM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page