PP Discussion Group

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

AlbertoS
(Login Alberto_S)

Which one?

September 4 2006, 2:16 AM 

There are three chronos which were made by DR (well, four, actually):

- The old two-counter chrono, which existed both in a normal version and in a skeletonised version. This uses the Lemania 2310 movement, one of the great classics in use by all the great houses.

- The new two-counter chrono, which uses an in-house chrono plate mounted on top of a GP3100 caliber base. This one can be recognised because it has a skeleton dial, and a date window at 6 o'clock.

- The three-counter chrono, which uses a Zenith 400 caliber, and existed in two finishes: the early one with essentially the same finish as done by Zenith (can be recognised by the bridges which are still labelled "400", and by the sandblasted finish on the rotor), and the more recent one which has perlages on the plate and côtes de genève on the bridges and the rotor (this one is labelled "DR500").

- Finally, there was a short run of mono-pusher chronos made in 1993. These have the same look as the original, older two-counter chrono, but can be recognised as they only have a single pusher at 2 o'clock. This was also based on a Lemania caliber.

SO, to answer your question, no - I do not think any of these share a movement with any GP chrono.

http://www.tp178.com/ag/Alberto%20signature.jpg

Respond to this message   
Jacky
(Login EuJax)
PP Discussion Group

I meant the 2 counter chrono actually...

September 6 2006, 8:04 AM 

So its only the base that is from the GP3100. I see...i didnt know DR actually houses some Zenith movement. Cool as they make very nice chrono movements.

Thanks Alberto.

Regards
Jacky

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page