<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

My Roth's crown couldnt be screw in....

November 5 2006 at 6:43 AM
Jacky  (Login EuJax)
PP Discussion Group

Hi all, my DR's crown had some problems lately and one day after i adjust the time, i couldnt screw it back in. What are the possibilities that lead to this? Thanks.

Regards
Jacky

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mohamed
(Login MohamedS)

DR crown is a bit finicky to screw back

November 5 2006, 3:43 PM 

My experience is that the crown is sometimes a bit finicky to screw back.

You must take care to have it in the perfect position before you can screw it unless it is impossible and can damage it.

My advice : unscrew completely and try to screw gently without pushing the crown too much as if you were winding it manualy. Repeat several times until you feel the right position to screw it completely.

Hope it helps.

Mohamed

Respond to this message   
Jacky
(Login EuJax)
PP Discussion Group

Thanks for the tip Mohamed. I have to send mine to get the crown replace either way....

November 6 2006, 11:25 PM 

I think the lines are worn out so it need to be replace. Is it true that most watches need to change its crown after a period of time? Anyone?

Regards
Jacky

Respond to this message   

SJX
(Login JiaXian)
AP Discussion Group

On screw in crowns

November 10 2006, 10:14 PM 

The threads will eventually be worn down by time, or stripped away by screwing it in without ensuring proper alignment. One of the most durable crowns is the Rolex Submariner Triplock crown, it takes effort to misalign it and even more to ruin the threads. Most other watches have rather delicate threads.

- SJX

Respond to this message   
Jacky
(Login EuJax)
PP Discussion Group

I see...

November 12 2006, 7:26 AM 

Thanks for the info My watch has been almost 5 years i think. But still i dont expect it to spoil in this period of time. Maybe my fault while screwing it back everytime. Will get the technician to have it check. Hope it wont take months for them to get it fix.

Regards
Jacky

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page