<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Untitled

November 16 2006 at 6:25 AM
Gerald Roden  (no login)

Dears,

Mr Claret was so enthusiactic about his Westminster Sonnerie that I misunderstood ! His new HW is actually a minute repeater and not a Grande Sonnerie.

This means we as Daniel Roth and Gerald Genta are the only ones ...so far to be Westminster Grande Sonnerie.

I will come back soon on this subjetc with more. Reading my text again (I had no choice as it was placed by mistake on the first page of the portal by I do not know who !)I realised that Lord Arran might take my remarks negatively. I would love to exchange ideas on what is the most complicated watch in his view. In addition can we hear the sound of his watch ?

Best to all

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

ThomasM
(Premier Login thepurist178)
AP Discussion Group

Gerald, please check your email. (nt)

November 16 2006, 8:52 AM 

Respond to this message   
Magnus Bosse
(Login mbosse)
AP Discussion Group

Dear Mr Roden, an article on Lord Arran's watch including soundfile...

November 26 2006, 2:48 AM 

can be found here (click on the image):

The article provides an in-depth description of the entire watch, from conception, development and manufacturing. If you read through part 4 ("The Complicated Complications"; menu on the bottom of the first part), you will find at the beginning the description of minute repeater and sonnerie, and also a sound recording.

As I am the author of this article, I would be happy to answer more if desired.

Best regards,
Magnus Bosse

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page