Date of Ain't Misbehavin' on Old Gold show

by Linda

You mention you made use of Whiteman pieces from the "Old Gold" radio era and many of these tunes ("Ain't Misbehavin',
I was curious which Old Gold show the orchestra played Ain't Misbehavin' on so I got out my Evans and Evans and I am confused. Maybe someone can help.
In the index of tunes on page 555 it lists Ain't Misbehavin' on the Old Gold show of August 13, 1929. So I went to page 484 that lists the show from August 13, 1929. If you look at the list of tunes played I don't see Ain't Misbehavin' listed but there is a listing for a "Hot Chocolates" Medley. I would assume Ain't Misbehavin' was included in that medley but it is not listed.
My question is why is the tune specifically listed in the index of tunes as being on the August 13, 1929 show but on the page the show is listed Ain't Misbehavin' is not listed?
Ain't Misbehavin" is listed on page 482 as being played on the broadcast of August 6, 1929 but that date is not listed in the index on page 555 for the tune, only August 13, 1929 is listed.
Additionally if you look at the Ain't Misbahavin' listed on the August 6, 1929 broadcast Warren Scholl notes it is a Rolfe-type arrangement with an accordian solo by an unknown musician and Scholl lists no Bix solo.

Posted on Dec 15, 2009, 7:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses