The Evans and Evans book: Bix: The Leon Bix Beiderbecke Story

by Liz Beiderbecke-Hart

Exactly, Alberta.....

The Evans and Evans book, Bix: The Leon Bix Beiderbecke Story, contains the transcripts of letters Bix's mother, Agatha, had saved, which were written from Bix's childhood through the day before his death. I had inherited these letters.

The letters had never been made available before. This collection is now housed in the Bix Beiderbecke Museum and Archives (set to open in Davenport late July of this year).

Copies of these letters were meticulously transcribed by the Evans' for their book Bix: The Leon Bix Beiderbecke Story (published in July 1998).

I provided these letters to Phil and Linda for two reasons: for the enjoyment of the readers AND as a gesture of gratitude to Phil for all the exhaustive research he had done (and was continuing to do) about Bix.

Phil and Linda Evans were two of the finest people I've ever met. We were very good friends and I miss them both very much.

In my opinion, no biography about Bix can compete with Phil and Linda Evans' biography Bix: The Leon Bix Beiderbecke Story.

Posted on Apr 12, 2017, 4:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Quantcast