Many Kind Thanks

by Laura Demilio

to you, Nick. The discussions on this Forum are very invigorating and for the most part, especially lately, differences can be ironed out when contributors do not agree; moreover, the archival pictorial material and enlightening biographical discoveries are absolute treasures. My husband and I keep scrapbooks for (yet another) retirement hobby -- between us we have about 50 volumes on various aspects of history, art, literature, music, popular culture and historical media, sports for Rick, and I have to say I've got a hell of a swell Bix scrapbook because of this site's photos, illustrations and published articles Albert generously shares.

I think the research and work for this site, especially most recently, is commendable and of highest scholarly merit. Owning all of the available books, (biographical, fiction), and many relevant jazz music anthologies regarding Bix, I consider Bixography site as a valuable asset and more than just an addendum to one's personal library, due to all the constant updating and groundbreaking new information discovered (Albert and Chris' article on Alice Weiss; this revealing material about April 1921, etc.)

Posted on Dec 4, 2017, 11:24 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Quantcast