Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Bix in Cleveland at the end of Jan 1929?
    • Albert Haim
      Posted Jul 22, 2009 4:57 PM

You keep on affirming that Bix had a breakdown in Cleveland a few days before Ray Miller recorded "Cradle of Love." I posted on numerous occasions a discussion of the available documentation regarding Bix's reported breakdowns in Cleveland. As I demonstrated, but you don't seem to accept, there are only two documented facts.

- Bix had a breakdown on Nov 30, 1928 in Cleveland.
      - Bix did not play with Paul Whiteman's orchestra at the concert at the Palace Theatre on Jan 20, 1929

The rest is conjecture, educated guesses. Do you know of any incontrovertible documentation that places Bix in Cleveland on Jan 20, 1929? If you disagree with my analyses, please provide a critique of my evaluation of the available information summarized in several of my postings.

Maybe the juxtaposition of the three solos is unconvincing to you. As ar as I am concerned, it is quite convincing.

Unfortunatley, there is no definitive solution to this problem. It is a matter of what I described several times as "Bix is in the ear of the beholder."

Albert
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.