Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Logic

• Posted Oct 8, 2010 2:29 PM

When logic is suspended, I am afraid that I find it incumbent upon me to respond; but be sure, Barbara, that I am not banging on the desk, literally or figuratively. It is not my style. I may be vigorous and forceful in making my arguments, but I always use logic and reason.

Let me explain again. Following the inclusion of the facts about Bix's arrest in the Wikipedia article, the author had several choices. One possible choice was to quote Lion, a quote that puts Bix in the worst possible light, that of a pervert. Another was to make no comment about the possible consequences of the arrest. There are other possibilities, and some of these were listed in one of my previous postings. The author indeed had several choices. It is clear that he made a choice, and it was deliberate, not random, haphazard. By deliberate, I mean careful in considering and deciding. Therefore, the author made the deliberate decision to quote Lion, and as a consequence of his deliberate decision, Bix is made to look like a pervert. It is simple and straightforward reasoning.

Albert

Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.