Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Memphis Syncopaters

• Posted May 14, 2012 6:41 AM

Several years ago I was going through some old photos at my aunt's home and came across this neat photo of a band called The Memphis Syncopaters.

[linked image]

I was curious how it ended up within their photos because I wasn't aware of anyone in the family being in a jazz band.  However, my mother's uncle ran a music store in Indiana in the 1910's and 1920's and she told me that it probably came from him.

I know nothing of this band. Does anybody else?

After googling, the only thing I discovered was some information about them playing in Sarasota, Florida on a vaudeville circuit in 1932.  The photo looks to be of an earlier period.

The photo is in storage at the moment, so I don't have access to it, but there were some notes on the back I believe from my grandmother.  Whenever I get it out of storage I will be happy to provide the additional information.
      David
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.