Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Some more Tesch
    • Emrah Erken
      Posted May 19, 2012 10:57 PM

I would like to add a few other recordings, which were not mentioned in your discography:

SAM LANIN'S FAMOUS PLAYERS AND SINGERS
      Sam Lanin dir: Phil Napoleon, Harold Peppie, t / Tommy Dorsey, t, tb / ? Frank Teschemacher and another, cl, as / cl, ts / Warner, p / Smith Ballew, g or bj, v / Jimmy Mullen, bb / d / The Three Star Singers, v.

400820-B Too Busy! - v3
      OK 41079

400821-B Darling
      OK 41079

IPANA TROUBADOURS
      The personnel during the summer of 1928 included Phil Napoleon, Harold Peppie, t / Tommy Dorsey, tb / Frank Teschemacher, cl, as, ts, / Warner, p / Smith Ballew, g, v / Jimmy Mullen bb, sb, and four more (2 saxes, vn, and d).
      It is not known if this group recorded as such, but the next four titles have been reported as conforming to this lineup.
      Irving Kaufman, unknown, v. (Rust lists Fud Livingston instead of Frank Teschemacher)

146602-2 Nagasaki - vIK
      Col 1463-D

146603-2 Down Where The Sun Goes Down - vUnk (Tesch inaudiable)
      Col 1463-D

and what about these two recordings?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6oq8IDA8mc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKJhZpoysGI

I sent Albert a mp3 file of "Cherry" for uploading on bixography. I made it with a E- disc. Very conservative graders would grade it probably a V+. Therefore, it's not a very clean transfer...

I would like to add that this was the actual file I used for my youtube video. As you can hear, it sounds quite different. The reason is the processing of the video by youtube when a video in such a format (.dv-fomat) is uploaded. Unfortunately, there is always a digital hiss on my videos because of that. The best way to prevent it is listening to the music on my channel not with headphones but with speakers.

Emrah
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.