Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Jack Mollick
    • Albert Haim
      Posted Jun 7, 2012 9:51 AM

Trumpeter Jack Mollick was mentioned a few times in the Forum. Enter Jack Mollick (no quotation marks) in the search function. You will find eight postings.

I am grateful to Rikki Wolin, Jack's granddaugther, for preparing, with the help of some of her realtives, a page for Jack. I just uploaded it to the main Bixography website. Here is the link:

http://bixbeiderbecke.com/JackMollick.html

One of the fascinating features of jazz and dance band musicians of the 1920s is what we have called here the iceberg effect, 10 % known, 90 % submerged in the unknown past. Jack Mollick is a good example. If we only had recorded output and jazz discographies, we would have stated that Jack make a number of recordings in the 1920s with Fred Hall, and that would be all. Thanks to the internet and to Jack's granddaughter Rikki, we now know about Jack's distinguished career in the the 1930s and 1940s.

Albert

PS One of the postings mentions that Ray Mitchell in his Eddie Lang discography gives Mannie Klein, Jack Mollick, tpts for the Nov 23, 1931 Bing Crosby recording of Where the Blue of the Night. Any further news about this? If confirmed, I will add this piece of information to Jack's webpage.

Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.