911 Memorials News and Commentary | 911 Memorials Around the World
 

 Return to Index  

Port Authority Joins Suit Against Saudi Arabia

September 11 2004 at 4:46 PM
VOA News 

 

The public corporation that owns the site of New York City's destroyed World Trade Center says it intends to hold Saudi Arabia liable for the September 11, 2001 attacks that toppled the complex.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey says it is joining a $7 billion lawsuit filed last week by the investment firm, Cantor Fitzgerald, which lost more than 650 employees, when two hijacked commercial jets slammed into the twin towers. The Port Authority lost 84 workers in the attacks.
The lawsuit accuses Saudi government officials, financial organizations and charities of financing Islamic extremists and names former Saudi national Osama bin Laden and the al-Qaida terrorist network blamed for the attacks.
The U.S. government commission that investigated the September 11 attacks called Saudi Arabia a "problematic ally in combating Islamic extremism."
http://www.voanews.com/article.cfm?objectID=F77AC69B-C42B-4822-867470E9EE13330F&title=World%20Trade%20Center%20Site%20Owner%20Sues%20Saudis%20for%20September%2011%20Attacks&catOID=45C9C78F-88AD-11D4-A57200A0CC5EE46C&categoryname=USA

 
 Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
RSS Feed For This Forum