Good stuff............July 3 2011 at 6:59 PM
|Dennis (no login)|
Response to My great grandfather
Do you know much about the family back before they immigrated to America? I sadly do not.
I picked up that Dad's side, Ukrainian, were farmers. My maternal grandfather, Polish, served in the Austrian army. There was no Poland at the time.
I have some of his service papers. Half Pint John helped me get them translated. Nothing special, but they mean a lot to me!
Had he not migrated he would have been on the Russian front at the outbreak of the Great War. IIRC his commitment was for 2 years active duty and 6-8 in the reserves, carrying to sometime in 1915.
|This message has been edited by D1J1 on Jul 3, 2011 7:01 PM|
- About the same here too. - John on Jul 3, 2011, 7:21 PM
- Child bride on mom's side......... - Dennis on Jul 4, 2011, 5:32 AM
- Never been to Altoona - John on Jul 6, 2011, 11:24 PM
- Very cool............ - Dennis on Jul 7, 2011, 5:54 AM
- "Leap the Dips" ? - Loki Luv, MD° on Jul 7, 2011, 8:55 PM
- Sorry Loki - Dennis on Jul 9, 2011, 6:06 AM
- Re: Sorry Loki - John on Jul 12, 2011, 3:31 PM
- Not 'nuff track to go over me............... - Dennis on Jul 12, 2011, 5:02 PM
- Be sure to check out Fort Adams while you're in Newport - John on Jul 12, 2011, 8:05 PM
- Thanks for the idea............. - Dennis on Jul 13, 2011, 7:17 AM
- YUCK on everything but the fine supper!! - John on Jul 13, 2011, 1:54 PM
- Re: YUCK............Bear Week - Dennis on Jul 13, 2011, 4:18 PM