About the same here too.July 3 2011 at 7:21 PM
|John (no login)|
Response to Good stuff............
Great-grandfather got out of Dodge while the getting was good, well before WWI. He met Busia on the boat to America and married her. They settled in Altoona, Pennsylvania and had six kids that I know of, maybe more. Family history says they ran a boarding house for miners and one day, a miner's dynamite that was put next to a lit stove, blewup the house. From that day on, Busia never liked a lit stove in her presence. They moved to Detroit and my great-grandfather decided to return to Poland and sell off the family farm and land holdings, but never returned.
- Child bride on mom's side......... - Dennis on Jul 4, 2011, 5:32 AM
- Never been to Altoona - John on Jul 6, 2011, 11:24 PM
- Very cool............ - Dennis on Jul 7, 2011, 5:54 AM
- "Leap the Dips" ? - Loki Luv, MD° on Jul 7, 2011, 8:55 PM
- Sorry Loki - Dennis on Jul 9, 2011, 6:06 AM
- Re: Sorry Loki - John on Jul 12, 2011, 3:31 PM
- Not 'nuff track to go over me............... - Dennis on Jul 12, 2011, 5:02 PM
- Be sure to check out Fort Adams while you're in Newport - John on Jul 12, 2011, 8:05 PM
- Thanks for the idea............. - Dennis on Jul 13, 2011, 7:17 AM
- YUCK on everything but the fine supper!! - John on Jul 13, 2011, 1:54 PM
- Re: YUCK............Bear Week - Dennis on Jul 13, 2011, 4:18 PM