Return to Forum  

Road Trip!

March 21 2012 at 9:01 PM
mooster  (no login)

Response to Good for you....

I cook for myself 99.9% of the time. But when I'm travelling about, there's really no getting around it. I prefer one-off, self-owned places like you find on 'Diners Drive-ins & Dives' but there are safe havens that don't suck. Chili's, TGI Fridays and the 49th Street Grill are Generica restaurants that have never made me want my money back although they've never made me want to buy a t-shirt and become a fan either. I have all three of those within walking distance of my house and I still only visit them on a road trip. The Cheesecake Factory has its hits and misses. Joe's Crabshack is good in a pinch, but I'm from Missouri and probably don't know truly good sea food from my own balls. I do know that Red Lobster sucks and I would rather lick my own balls if I could.

OLIVE GARDEN: Gag. My psycho ex LOVED Olive Garden which means I've been there more than I care to remember. I tried to have an open mind and ordered lots of different main entrees on these many enforced visits. No good. I decided I kind of liked their house salad and the last dozen times she and I went there, I would order two salads and a giant beer. This would piss her off. Not the beer, but the fact that I hated her favorite restaurant and would order only salad pissed her off. This despite that I tried ordering countless dishes before I resolved myself to stick with salad and beer. Why pissed off? Because she was (and still is ) fucking crazy.

Applebees is an abomination. Just sayin'. My daughter used to love Applebees and therefore I used to have to take her there all the time. Again, I ordered a salad and beer. This didn't piss her off. She minded her own business and allowed me to mind my own. Thank God she inherited some of my genes.

I know this is a non fast food thread, and I do absolutely despise fast food, but I have to put in a shout for Taco Bell. When it's 2 AM, you're hungry and don't feel like cooking or re-heating anything, there's nothing like getting a dozen tacos at Taco Bell drive-thru. You're basically announcing to the entire world that you're drunk by doing this, but cops seem to understand as long as eveyone is being orderly and reasonable in picking up their drunkard food - and cold leftover noon hangover 'breakfast' for the next day. This is also within walking distance of my place but you look silly walking through the drive-thru so I have no choice but to drive...

Peace,

Respond to this message   
Responses

!!! INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH RADIATION !!!