Return to Forum  

Re: Awwwwwww

May 28 2012 at 12:39 AM
Loki Luv, MD°  (no login)

Response to Awwwwwww

`
I could perhaps tolerate his munchings if all the plants already had reached adulthood. Sprouts can't take the damage, though.

As to the imitation... ...well... ...it's like this, see... ...I call this rabbit Homer... ...Homer Bun, to be more accurate. It's a parody of the name of a character in the sci-fi novel Second Foundation by Isaac Asimov, named Homir Munn.

There really isn't a very good reason for this, frankly, as Homir Munn really didn't bear any resemblence in either appearance or mannerism to a rabbit - at least that I recall. I read this book quite a number of years ago, and I have to admit I don't really recall much more than the character's name... ...and I gotta admit that I have no idea why I even remember that much.
I think it might have something to do with the fact that Isaac Asimov is Russian, and Russians are definitely goddam pests. I can't be sure, though.
I mean - Munn... ...Bun... ...pests... ...Russians... ...I must say, however, I sure do wish I had one O' them "atomic blasters" everybody in that book carried around. I feel this would come quite in handy in many an instance.

Anyway... ...on those occasions when I happen to encounter ol' Homer skulking about, I usually address him in an immitation of Ren the Chihuahua, a character from the now defunct cartoon show Ren and Stimpy - mostly because his dialogue included such comments as "YOU USELESS LUMP OF PROTOPLASM !!! I'LL KEEEEEELLL YOU !!!" (spoken in a cheesy Mexican accent), and to some extent because I once had a Chihuahua as a pet... ...unless that was actually a rat terrier...

It's complicated...

wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Responses

!!! INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH RADIATION !!!