<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Am I a terrible person for wishing they'd just skip the 9/11 anniversary thing...?

September 1 2011 at 11:34 PM
Loki Luv, MD°  (no login)

`
I mean - I hate to say it, but it ain't even here and I'm damn sick of seeing and hearing about it already. Just seeing those 2 cocksuckers Bush and Cheney trundled out of mothballs to prattle on about how super-duper fantastic they handled the whole business & subsequent events was enough to make me wish I could just take a good long nap until the hooplah was over.

I'm not a complete fucking idiot. I know it was a God Damn tragedy. It's just that it's becoming one of these media "things" where umpteen hundred and one commentators are milling around like maggots on a corpse trying to get their stinking 2 cents in about "what it all means". I say fuck the lot of 'em.
And don't even get me started on this business I keep hearing about how there's plenty of prime seating for steaming bag of shit politicians at the NYC memorial event, but "no room" for the first responders. I say as long as the useless scum sucking pols are right there on site, they have some concrete mixers running so they can all be shoved into the foundations of the plaze under construction there and buried alive in cement !
Probably the first useful purpose any of them would ever contribute to !

Far as I'm concerned, if they want to do something to commemorate the event, how 'bout putting them photos of bin Laden with his guts blown open on billboards with the caption THUS EVER UNTO OUR ENEMIES in big red letters

Geez... ...the local TV news just mentioned some crumpled vehicle they're going to have on display here as part of some sort of "exhibit".
(ooh! now the weather gal has a leopard-print blouse on... ...meee-ow!!!)
wink.gif

Ahhh, fuck it. If it makes me an asshole - so be it.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
John
(no login)

Nah, not at all bro! Just blow it all off and forget all about it until next year.

September 2 2011, 1:02 AM 

History will have to be the ultimate judge for both of these bottom feeding bastards and we won't see the final results of their behaviour before and after that day in question, in our lifetimes. The media is an even lower breeding form of antedeluvial scum than the politicians were or are today, if such a virulently repugnant species of lifeform is even genetically possible upon this good earth.

Respond to this message   
Dennis
(no login)

Lemme see.....

September 2 2011, 4:58 AM 

I certainly won't argue with your sentiments Loki. I share them to a significant extent.

Here is what we've got:
Politicians looking to capitalize on it for a vote...check!
Media outlets looking to capitalize on it for ratings...check!
Some entrepreneurs looking to make a quick buck off the day...check!
Various folks looking to cement their place in history because of the day...check!

All the likely suspects are here............as usual.

We are going to attend the dedication of the memorial at Shanksville for Flight 93 on the 10th. It is important to the CB as a way of remembering.

Me? On the 11th I'll say a private, silent prayer for the victims, and another for the death and just eternal punishment of the perpetrators.

Respond to this message   
Von Richter.
(no login)

I remember that piece of shit, Thatcher....

September 2 2011, 8:34 AM 

Turning up at every disaster like a bad smell... she even had the unmitigated gall to show up at an accident down a Yorkshire pit... they ought to have thrown the cunt down the shaft.

Respond to this message   
Asmara
(no login)

Consider those who gather

September 2 2011, 8:51 AM 

to have targets painted on their skulls?

No doubt... al Queda would relish another 9-11 type event.
sigh.

I hope something like that does not happen again.
But I have a feeling in my gut... "They" would love to get us again...
And get us even better than they did 10 years ago.

happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Dennis
(no login)

Re: Consider those who gather.....

September 2 2011, 1:00 PM 

I went to the first NFL game in Pittsburgh after the attack with my son and a buddy. It was great being there, but I would guess every eye in the stadium was glued to the planes taking off and landing from the Pittsburgh airport.

We did not feel secure then. Your point has a great deal of merit.........unfortunately.

Respond to this message   
celtredleg
(no login)

Depends on who is trhere

September 2 2011, 8:00 PM 

We might just ought to get out of the way and let them charsh into the pols seating area. But being the incompetent camel jockey yahoos they are, they would mmiss and whack a bunch of people I dont want to see get squashed.

Of course I wanted to see the isrealis pack that PLO bastards coffin full fo C-4 and detonate it in the middle of the funeral. that would have been great.

And no, I dont need to see bush sitting there staring vacantly off into space as he trys to grasp what he has been told.

Really wish it had been his dad in office, we would have had a more reasoned, less emotional response.

Owen

Respond to this message   
Dennis
(no login)

Good assessment celt.....

September 2 2011, 8:28 PM 

Agree with you on having the better of the Bush's on the job! That is the difference between being a leader and being manipulated...at least as far as going into Iraq again in my opinion!

Respond to this message   
John
(no login)

Bush Sr. was the far better politician and statesman.

September 3 2011, 12:12 PM 

Too bad he renegged on his "Read My Lips! No New Taxes!" promise.

Respond to this message   
Dennis
(no login)

RE: Bush Sr.

September 3 2011, 2:31 PM 

I liked Barbara too! No new taxes only works with no new spending! That is an affliction none of them seem to be able to avoid!

Respond to this message   
John
(no login)

It's a pity

September 3 2011, 5:08 PM 

that Bush Sr. believed the Democrat Congress when they promised there would be no drastic increase in spending that would add to the nation's debt and deficit. You might just as well have given your teenaged son the keys to the family car that holds a case of whiskey in its back seat and tell him not to go out partying with his friends.

Respond to this message   
Dennis
(no login)

Sorry

September 3 2011, 6:59 PM 

They ALL spend like drunken sailors. No exceptions. Now they want a balanced budget AMENDMENT because they need that crutch to avoid losing an election when they don't put in the cash to give the PEOPLE what the PEOPLE demand they spend on!

We are all, each of us, part of the problem. We need to all be part of the solution.

Respond to this message   
Loki Luv, MD°
(no login)

I've been volunteering to be part of the solution for years !

September 3 2011, 9:48 PM 

`
How many times have I said I'd pull the string that drops the Guillotine blade all the live-long day, day after day after day, after day - for however long it takes to solve the problem ?!

I solemnly swear that I will freely brave the dangers of repetetive motion injury which could occur from performing this vital, patriotic task for the good of my country again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again...and so on...and so forth...and like that there...

wink.gif

Respond to this message   
John
(no login)

Be careful what you wish for, bro.

September 3 2011, 10:26 PM 

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can be a royal bitch. Take it from one who knows.

Respond to this message   
Loki Luv, MD°
(no login)

Already got a mild case of it....

September 4 2011, 1:45 AM 

`
Probably from the 4-ish years I spent doing silkscreen printing.

It's not a horrid example of said affliction, but it sure is weird when every once & a while when I'm driving, for instance, one of my hands will go all tingly & numb-ish if I'm holding the steering wheel just so. A bit more aggravating when it happens as I'm trying to draw or write... ...well... frankly a lot more aggravating.

I feel I could be comforted somewhat by the sound of about a couple thousand corrupt bastards' heads thumping into the basket right after the old National Razor gives them their "clip job", though... ...with a bit of luck I'd still be able to pick up a shovel afterwards to give their corpses a nice sprinkle of quicklime before the bulldozers covered the pit that would serve as their unmarked grave.

Respond to this message   
mooster
(no login)

Loke's an arsehole and...

September 5 2011, 1:34 PM 

He beat me to it. We have 11 (count 'em eleven) big screen TV's on the main floor where I work. At any given time four or five of them are news. I dreaded this week and the undending media coverage of the 911 thing that's about to ensue. I even planned on taking vacation all this week so I could sit at home with the TV and radio off (other than DVD's and CD's) and pretend the whole thing didn't happen. And by whole thing I mean the media whoring. Well, someone(s) beat me to that too. Two people already took vacation for the week so now I can't.

Now that I think of it, I'm goig to confront those two and accuse them of being assholes for trying to duck out on the 9-11 commemorations, discussions, political posturing, ratings rakings ad nauseum. That should be fun and might make up for the fact that I'm going to be drowning in it all. Now I'm in a good mood as well as being an anti-9-11 asshole. happy.gif

Peace,

Respond to this message   
Loki Luv, MD°
(no login)

I gotta keep switching TV channels & radio stations to aviod the crap...

September 6 2011, 12:03 AM 

`
So help me God, if I don't, next thing you know I'll [deleted] a fucking [deleted] and [deleted] the damned thing right into their fucking [deleted] !*

* MESSAGE EDITED FOR YOUR SAFETY
wink.gif

Respond to this message   
John
(no login)

I wonder if some middle eastern folk will celebrate

September 7 2011, 8:14 PM 

the anniversary by trying something stupid over here?

Respond to this message   
Dennis
(no login)

Re: I wonder...

September 7 2011, 9:03 PM 

You can bet the ranch that security will be ratcheted up to the maximum torque. The CB asked if I thought we could be in danger attending the dedication at Shanksville. I told her there was always a chance to be in danger, but that if it was important to her we should go. Realistically I think we will have more chance of getting in a fight over a parking place.

I can't wait to see what a zoo it will be as people demand services, especially dining. Shanksville is a little nothing of a place, and the thousands in attendance better hope they brought food. We're taking sandwiches, etc. to have after the dedication because they are in no way, shape or form set up to serve huge numbers.

Respond to this message   
Asmara
(no login)

LoL

September 7 2011, 10:57 PM 

Take some extra sandwich fixin's and water and sell them at outrageous prices.

Or give them to some poor kid who needs to eat but whose parents didn't "realize"
there wouldn't be places that were not mobbed.

If you were going to NYC, I'd be more worried... So many targets in so little area...
However, any gathering could be in some jeopardy - at any time.

Drive safe and watch out for the other guy. Accidents of the vehicular nature seem
to take out a lot of people.

wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Am I a terrible person for wishing they'd just skip the 9/11 anniversary thing...?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

!!! INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH RADIATION !!!