<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Tornadoes

February 29 2012 at 10:59 AM
Freya  (no login)

Hope no one was affected by the tornadoes last night in Missouri etc.?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
mooster
(no login)

There were tornadoes?

February 29 2012, 7:44 PM 

It rained some here and a bit of thunder. I love sleeping during a thunderstorm so i went down for a nap, but it wasn't much. I was off the last two days, but didn't watch TV or listen to the radio. No clue there were tornadoes going on in Missouri. Good thing I have the LZ to keep me updated. happy.gif

Peace,

Respond to this message   
Loki Luv, MD°
(no login)

3 dead, dozens injured in Missouri...

March 1 2012, 12:53 AM 

`
The worst of those storms leveled much of Joplin, Mo., just east of several of the communities where people were digging out on Wednesday.

In one of them, Buffalo, Mo., a trailer park suffered a direct hit just after midnight. The dozen homes were scattered and splintered, many with their startled residents still inside. One person was killed and another 13 were injured, some seriously. One of the trailers caught fire during the rescue operation.

It looks more like a war zone than a tornado path, said Lt. Dana Egan of the Dallas County Sheriffs Office, who described the scene.

Two deaths were reported elsewhere in Missouri, in Cassville and in Puxico, where Judy Richard, 59, the owner of a local grocery store, said that her cousins house, about seven miles away, was destroyed. Their house looks like a bunch of matchsticks out there, she said.

Branson, Mo., a popular tourist draw known for its country-themed shows, also was hit by a tornado, rated an EF2, which damaged the waterfront area, hotels and some of the citys signature music venues as it moved up the main drag through the heart of the tourism district.

The Skaggs Regional Medical Center in Branson reported that 37 people were treated for injuries starting at 2 a.m. The storm system hit first in Harveyville, Kan., where a tornado carved a narrow path through the community on Tuesday night, hospitalizing six people, destroying about a dozen homes and erasing the familiar outline of the Harveyville United Methodist Church, said the Rev. Dennis Irwin.

My wife looked up, and the church wasnt there, Mr. Irwin said. It was almost surreal. Youre expecting to see this beautiful white church, and its a pile of rubble. It didnt look real. I kept thinking this didnt really happen, but Im starting to realize that it is real.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/01/us/storm-system-crushes-midwestern-towns.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

Respond to this message   
mooster
(no login)

Well, whaddya know?

March 1 2012, 2:04 AM 

I slept right through it. All of that is further south. I have friends in Buffalo, but they don't live in a trailer park so I'm guessing they're not dead. Buffalo is about three hours south. Branson much further. Tis the season though. Kansas City hasn't beeen hit by a decent tornado since 1957 although up north of the river they catch hell.

I should visit my friends in Buffalo. It's been a while and they have horses.

Thanks all. Please be sure to let me know the next time I get attacked by bad weather. happy.gif

Peace,

Respond to this message   
Dennis
(no login)

Musta rained its ass off here.........

March 1 2012, 7:46 AM 

Missed out on it while we were away at our match. Dropped off the kids at school and was headed home around 8:30, finding a number of places where the road was covered with water 6-12" deep and debris across it in a few places too. Not much fun in the thick fog.

The state road did have the high water marked, but the debris weren't.

Flood warnings in effect today with the low places that get wet first already drawing at least some water.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

!!! INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH RADIATION !!!