Return to Index  

fear and "fear of the Lord"

March 7 2010 at 8:51 AM

(Login Harpazo)

Response to Christianity is generally glued together with fear

fear vrs "fear of the LORD"

Hbr 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had (((the power of death, that is, the devil)));

Hbr 2:15 And deliver (((them who through fear of death)))) were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Hbr 2:16 For verily he (Christ) took not on [him the nature of] angels; but he took on [him] the seed of Abraham.

Christ took on the 'seed of the woman' because Abraham and his descendants are the WOMAN God made by taking them out of the Kingdoms of this world so he could be BORN within that woman (the soul):

Hbr 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto [his] brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things [pertaining] to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Hbr 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

of the 110 verses about the "fear of the LORD" I will post just a few:

Job 28:28 And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that [is] wisdom; and to depart from evil [is] understanding.

Psa 19:9 The fear of the LORD [is] clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD [are] true [and] righteous altogether.

Psa 34:11 Come, (((ye children))), hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.

Psa 111:10 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do [his commandments]: his praise endureth for ever.

Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of knowledge: [but] fools espise wisdom and instruction.

Pro 1:29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

Pro 2:5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.

Pro 8:13 The fear of the LORD [is] to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Pro 9:10 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy [is] understanding.

Now, the "fear of death" which is from Satan is actually overcome by those who have the "fear of the LORD"

perfect LOVE casts out this fear and perfect LOVE comes from "knowing" God:

Psalm 36:1 [[To the chief Musician, [A Psalm] of David the servant of the
LORD.]] The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, [that there is] no fear of God before his eyes.

Rom 3:18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

no fear of God before whose eyes?

Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Rom 3:13 Their throat [is] an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps [is] under their lips:

Rom 3:14 Whose mouth [is] full of cursing and bitterness:

Rom 3:15 Their feet [are] swift to shed blood:

Rom 3:16 Destruction and misery [are] in their ways:

Rom 3:17 And the way of peace have they not known:

Rom 3:18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Psa 55:18 He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle [that was] against me: for there were many with me.

Psa 55:19 God shall hear, and afflict them, even he that abideth of old. Selah. Because they have no changes, therefore they fear not God.

what does it mean "Because they have no changes"? therefore they fear not God?

chaliyphah

Outline of Biblical Usage 1) a change, change (of garments), replacement

a) change (of raiment)

b) relays

c) relief (from death)

d) changing, varying (course of life

ME: it means those who have not been TRANSFORMED from one garment (animal skins) to the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF God (Christ Jesus our cover), do not fear God:

why do those who have had this change fear the LORD?

well, they don't fear the LORD as they feared death before because they didn't want to experience death:

the fear of the LORD is the exact opposite; it is THE FEAR of loosing what you have gained so you make sure you don't do anything to loose it:

it would be likened to finding true love: You wouldn't treat it lightly: You would make sure you did everything to stay CLOSE to your loved one instead of doing whatever you want because you don't care if you lost them or not:

Pro 9:10 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy [is] understanding.

Pro 10:27 The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.

Pro 14:26 In the fear of the LORD [is] strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.

Pro 14:27 The fear of the LORD [is] a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.

Pro 15:16 Better [is] little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith.

Pro 15:33 The fear of the LORD [is] the instruction of wisdom; and before honour [is] humility.

this is also why it says

Pro 24:7 Wisdom [is] too high for a fool: he openeth not his mouth in the gate.

Pro 29:3 Whoso loveth wisdom rejoiceth his father: but he that keepeth company with harlots (carnal mind) spendeth [his] substance.

Remember the story of the prodigal son who wasted all his living on harlots and riotous living? He wasted his substance, life on the carnal mind and its persuits:

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Religion and PhilosophyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement