Return to Index  

Still clueless eh rev?

April 3 2010 at 4:13 PM
Nucc  (Login Forerunner)

Response to Actually...

Do you ever THINK of what you're reading while you're reading it? Do you KNOW what a LEGEND IS rev?

legĀ·end (ljnd)
n.
a. An unverified story handed down from earlier times, especially one popularly believed to be historical.
b. A body or collection of such stories.
c. A romanticized or popularized myth of modern times.

Longinus is the name given in medieval and some modern Christian TRADITIONS to the Roman soldier who pierced Jesus in his side with a lance while he was on the Cross. The figure is UNAMED in the Gospels. The Longinus LEGEND further identifies this soldier as the centurion present at the Crucifixion, who testified, "In truth this man was son of God."[1] Longinus' legend grew over the years to the point that he was said to have converted to Christianity after the Crucifixion, and he is traditionally venerated as a saint in the Catholic Church and several other Christian communions.

You continually attempt to make FACTUAL that which you CAN'T backup rev. I ask for some historical FACTS from the 1st century and in true and consistent fashion you couldn't pull through.

The only thing I believe about this UNAMED PERSON that is revealed is that he factually existed and he pierced my Lord with a spear.

John 19:34-35
34 but one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and immediately there came out blood and water.
35 And he who has seen has borne witness, and his witness is true; and he knows that he is telling the truth, so that you also may believe. (NAS)

Unless we LOVE the truth, we cannot know it ~~ Pascal

Respond to this message   
Responses