Return to Index  

Ok, My Response, Yvonne

April 19 2010 at 3:11 PM

Pastor Jack Howell  (Premier Login RevJack2006)

Response to ok, answer me this

You actually have more than one question, so I will answer each separately:

1. "what is more real, more true than the SPIRIT OF GOD?"

Not sure what you are asking here since the spiritual realm is just as real as the physical realm in which we live.

2. "why do you call the spiritual crap?"

It depends on what you mean by "spiritual" here. If you are referring allegory which is very often confused with spiritual, then I call it "crap" because that is precisely what it is. To use an allegoricalized interpretation of God's word is essentially denying what God said literally to us and amounts to adding and taking away from His Word. Allegorizing the Bible like you and JB do amounts to twisting the Word of God to make it say and teach what you want it to and this amounts to dishonest handling of His Word, rather than "rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15). By using an allegoricalized interpretation of scripture, one can make it say anything they wish it to say. Scripture tells us that those who do this, wrest the scriptures to their own destruction (2 Peter 3:16).

I call it crap also because any supposed "revelation" must be tested by what has already been revealed in the inspired, written Word of God (Acts 17:11; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 1 Thessalonians 5:21; 1 John 4:1) and to be honest, the allegorical stuff you and JB come up with simply do not line up with the Word of God when tested by it, and therefore must be rejected.

3. "the body is dead without the spirit, the Bible tells me if the SPIRIT is the life of the body, why do you THINK the body is more real than the spirit?"

I don't recall ever saying one is more real than the other. In fact, the body is real just as the soul that inhabits it is real and both are treated in scripture as a unified whole.

4. "and if you don't think that, why do you make fun of people who LIVE in that reality and speak to it??"

Allegorizing the Bible is not living in reality, but amounts to living in one's own fantasy world which satan has them deceived into thinking it to be reality. I'm not intentionally making fun of anyone deceived by this nonesense, Yvonne. Rather, I have a heavy heart for those caught up in this satanic deception.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Religion and PhilosophyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement