Return to Index  

I don't know

June 4 2010 at 5:51 PM
Phred  (no login)

Response to Oh but...

I think the need for another and for a deity are two different things. Surely I think it would be easier to have a belief in a god to just turn my problems over to. I've known that peace and understand the need for it. There are many who can't get by without it. I would guess the severely imperfect, and I'm guessing Nucc and Jack are in this category, really NEED for a god to be there. The God that says "YOU CANNOT DO ****! which might prevent them from giving in to drinking or violence or who knows what predilection. Without that belief that allows them to hold their evil in... how many people would turn themselves loose on us? Then there are those that just like to say, "I believe this is all for a reason" and give themselves up to the future without angst because they can believe someone, somewhere is in charge of things.

But think for a moment. If I'm right there isn't anyone at the controls and never has been. Yet, everything worked out anyway, didn't it? The perverts held themselves in. The alcoholics didn't drink. Those that feel the need to give their problems over to someone can still believe that everything happens for a reason because, in the end, there is no difference between a reason defined by God and one that just always seems to work out.

And then there's the need not to be alone. That's just the need for companionship. I think that's different than what I've described above.

Respond to this message   
Responses