Return to Index  

I've noticed a number of people

June 9 2010 at 9:51 PM

Vince  (Login MoxiFox)
Von Klumpen

posting on these forums, who appear to be Jews. I've seen them "sort of" apologize for the behavior of Israel but I've never seen them come out full swing in defense of Judaism and yet, I notice a certain defensive behavior exhibited on their part .. FOR ... Judaism.

Now, I don't want to single out anyone or start condemning or praising anyone for belonging to anything but I REALLY WOULD like to see someone "in-the-know" about Judaism, come forward and take an apologist's position for Judaism .... just so outsiders could get a better comprehension of what it's about and what it means to them. (Yvonne excused from this request btw; I don't want a lot of mush of "meanings" on words).

I've done it myself on Christianity. I'm no longer of the Christian belief or persuasion but I'll sure give it a shot, if anyone asks me WHAT Christian belief means to Christians!~)

I'd like to find out if there's anything TRULY worthwhile about being a Jew ... or if it's just fond association with something very old, filled with tradition and exercising a lot of influence.

Now, I'll warn in advance that I will probably not be "kind" and "understanding" in my own responses; on the contrary, I'll likely grille any such person quite hard ... so DON'T do it if you aren't up to scrutiny.

-Vince

Respond to this message   
Responses